Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    photo bump!
    Trying to get a bigger image....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PRODIGY DYNO VS STOCK.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	88.1 KB 
ID:	927

Looks like the dyno operator did the same thing as Prodigy's dyno operator: lift off the throttle and stop recording after peak power, rather than running it all the way to the rev limiter

If the torque curve continues the same general downward slope as it does in the 5000 - 6000 rpm range, then it looks like it would be right around 240-250 ft-lbs and around 297-309 hp at 6500 rpm.

Also worth mentioning: that severe dip right at 2500 rpm seems to be an anomaly. The other dyno runs from today show a nice smooth line from 2250 to 2700 rpm, as if that entire valley was completely filled in... and as if the hump in the stock torque curve were chopped off level from 2250 to 2700 rpm. This makes me think that dip at 2500 is probably something that needs to be smoothed out in the tune.

Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    Trying to get a bigger image....
    Is it possible to setup your forum software to show the "This image has been resized. Click to view the full image" bar at the top of the image (or similar functionality) that many other forums have?

Quote Originally Posted by UselessPickles View Post
    Is it possible to setup your forum software to show the "This image has been resized. Click to view the full image" bar at the top of the image (or similar functionality) that many other forums have?
    Ill screw with it.

I can make it a thumbnail you have to click on, and then it might be bigger. This forum software should be the best available. So if there is a way to make it bigger, ill figure it out.

Looks like the dyno operator did the same thing as Prodigy's dyno operator: lift off the throttle and stop recording after peak power, rather than running it all the way to the rev limiter

If the torque curve continues the same general downward slope as it does in the 5000 - 6000 rpm range, then it looks like it would be right around 240-250 ft-lbs and around 297-309 hp at 6500 rpm.

Also worth mentioning: that severe dip right at 2500 rpm seems to be an anomaly. The other dyno runs from today show a nice smooth line from 2250 to 2700 rpm, as if that entire valley was completely filled in... and as if the hump in the stock torque curve were chopped off level from 2250 to 2700 rpm. This makes me think that dip at 2500 is probably something that needs to be smoothed out in the tune.
    The rule in dyno testing is that 6k is the top. Ive been told before that 6k is where to let off. So the guy who did this dyno may have just known what he was doing vs. our others that push the envelope farther.

I just altered the images, They are thumbnails now, but when you click them they should be full size.

Good?

I smell BS in that "6000 is the limit for dyno runs" rule. Sounds like an old rule of thumb from the days before electronic rev limiters existed. There's all kinds of engines out there that rev much higher than 6000 rpm. I think my wife's car revs to 8000 or 9000 rpm. You wouldn't stop the dyno at 6000 on that engine. Modern engines are designed to run safely (and often even continuously) anywhere within the rpm range all the way up to the rev limit.

Clickable images for full size seems to work nicely now. It' just missing the message that explains that it can be clicked for full size.

I smell BS in that "6000 is the limit for dyno runs" rule. Sounds like an old rule of thumb from the days before electronic rev limiters existed. There's all kinds of engines out there that rev much higher than 6000 rpm. I think my wife's car revs to 8000 or 9000 rpm. You wouldn't stop the dyno at 6000 on that engine. Modern engines are designed to run safely (and often even continuously) anywhere within the rpm range all the way up to the rev limit.

Clickable images for full size seems to work nicely now. It' just missing the message that explains that it can be clicked for full size.
    Pickles calls shenanigans!! Lol!

I had asked Ripp and Mag both gave me a point to hit. I remember we went past it on our Dyno. I didn't mean it as an overall Dyno rule. I remember being impressed that the Dyno guy got it up so high.

You do see the prodigy line 'crest'. It's made all the power it's gong to make by the time the line stops.
    Last edited by JeepLab; 08-01-2014 at 07:43 PM.

When I dyno'd my motorcycle, I was on the motorcycle operating the throttle. The dyno operator pushed the button to start when I said "go", then pushed the button to stop recording when he heard the rev limiter kick in (just over 9000 rpm). I did about 12 dyno runs that day. My engine didn't explode, nor did my balls fall off.

True story.