Close

Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Pickles was correct that the dip in this run was an anomaly that was only experienced in this particular run.

I plan to get my exhaust done - AFE high-tuck or similar and re-run her on the dyno to see if we have any improvement.

During the dyno pulls, did they have high-power fans/blowers blowing through the intercooler to simulate airflow at speed on the road?

Quote Originally Posted by UselessPickles View Post
    During the dyno pulls, did they have high-power fans/blowers blowing through the intercooler to simulate airflow at speed on the road?
    They had a large fan running, but I felt it was too low to the ground to have a large effect on the intercooler. I felt the airflow from such a low direction would be blocked a good bit by the winch and winch cover. They also stated that the relatively humid and warm weather didn't help me out.

The shop called their dyno "the heartbreaker" because they feel it is extremely accurate/conservative compared to other local shops and it was calibrated within the last 3 months.

Sounds like we might need a local owner of a stock Wrangler to volunteer to create a stock baseline dyno run at that same shop for a valid comparison.

Sounds like we might need a local owner of a stock Wrangler to volunteer to create a stock baseline dyno run at that same shop for a valid comparison.
    I have 3 stock dyno runs. All at different times of year, different jeeps. different dynos.

The lines are all very close.

I've never done a dyno on any mod where the manufacturer didn't think it should have made more power.

Also the number i posted was SAE. Uncorrected would be higher.

If you are confident in the validity of the results, then let's see some stock vs RIPP vs Magnuson vs Prodigy charts!

If only dyno runs were free we'd have everyone get on a dyno to get more and more data! My runs took from 8:45 am until almost 11am. It is a time and financial commitment.

But seriously- I'm with Ross noting that stock performance is fairly well known. Sure..it may be a bit different on one dyno vs. another but the data has been corrected. I also used the same dyno brand to keep it as close to an apples-to-apples comparison.

I will run Jesse's girl again after a new tune is released and maybe after I get a more free-flowing exhaust. From what I've read and some advice I've received; it should help the entire charging process.

If you are confident in the validity of the results, then let's see some stock vs RIPP vs Magnuson vs Prodigy charts!
    I thought you'd never ask. Coming right up.

I have the chart prepped, Im just trying to put a JL logo on it, so I dont want to kill myself when I see it pop up elsewhere.

Ill have it up tomorrow.

As soon as prodigy ships my stage 2 upgrade and I receive it in the mail. I'll be getting it installed and have some pre and post stage 2 dyno runs. I'll do my best to video document the dyno runs. And share it with the JL community. I hope Dan can ship it out this week.