Close

View Poll Results: which is the best trail cover for the money?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bestop

1 100.00%
  • Rain Gear

0 0%
  • Rampage

0 0%
  • Rugged Ridge

0 0%
  • Smittybilt

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: trail cover

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20140907_181820.jpg   20140907_181850.jpg   20140907_182608.jpg   20140907_182510.jpg  
    2013 Wrangler JKU - Rock Lobster Red, Smittybilt SRC rear bumper and side steps; RR drop in reusable air filter; Quadratec floor liners; 285/75-16 Falken Rockey Mountain ATSII, Rebel Offroad grab handles and fire extinguisher holder.

Sorry for the pics with description, don't know if it is the forum or photobucket but kept giving me the same photo, so had to result to multiple picture options.

Anyway as stated above this product did not meet my expectations. My coworker received his best top version this weekend and is getting me some photos. Something that was shocking was that the package said made in China, and the product looks identical.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bestop.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	86.2 KB 
ID:	1145
    2013 Wrangler JKU - Rock Lobster Red, Smittybilt SRC rear bumper and side steps; RR drop in reusable air filter; Quadratec floor liners; 285/75-16 Falken Rockey Mountain ATSII, Rebel Offroad grab handles and fire extinguisher holder.

Quote Originally Posted by ljvsnyder View Post
    Sorry for the pics with description, don't know if it is the forum or photobucket but kept giving me the same photo, so had to result to multiple picture options.

Anyway as stated above this product did not meet my expectations. My coworker received his best top version this weekend and is getting me some photos. Something that was shocking was that the package said made in China, and the product looks identical.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bestop.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	86.2 KB 
ID:	1145
    enjoy that thing wrapped up in is bag. It will never look like that again.

Mine is close, but sticks out a little. Its exhausting putting that thing back.

yeah after I took off my dew covered one this morning, it is semi folded up in the storage shed.

Took the doors off last night to see if tje fit was better. Well guess what it fits much better. I am in discussion with rampagr concerning the issue and they are looking into it and I will experiment tonight with no doors on to see if I get any leaks. My coworker tested his bestop cover and had his doors off and he had no leaks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20140909_064634.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by ljvsnyder View Post
    Took the doors off last night to see if tje fit was better. Well guess what it fits much better. I am in discussion with rampagr concerning the issue and they are looking into it and I will experiment tonight with no doors on to see if I get any leaks. My coworker tested his bestop cover and had his doors off and he had no leaks.
    That thing hates mirrors. LOL

So the first option failed with the hose?

trail cover

yes it failed with the doors on as it allowed water to pool right at the corner seams. with the doors off it should hold better but have not had a chance to test that option.