Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 2me View Post
    $400 a wheel, not sure about the price of just the ring though.

Jimbo
    Nice wheels. Beadlocks are on my short list..most likely when I get new tires.

I like those wheels! The website says their for off road use only? So I'm assuming these aren't DOT approved?

I would like to see how these hold up on a D30 axle.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteRavenRR View Post
    I like those wheels! The website says their for off road use only? So I'm assuming these aren't DOT approved?

I would like to see how these hold up on a D30 axle.
    Caution! Do not fall into the rabbit hole of DOT approval and beadlocks! First..I dare anyone to try to find a law that says beadlocks are illegal or that if you drive on beadlocks, they need to be DOT approved. DOT deals mainly with OEM and commercial stuff..not so much off-road accessories. If a beadlock came as original equipment for a vehicle, then it would be DOT approved. Otherwise..not so much.

I'm sure the wheels will hold up fine to the D30! The D30..who knows..as always..depends on how you drive.

I understand that DOT Approved is for testing and that by not being tested for their approval is subject for debate.

If a failure occurs while on highway use it could be used against your defense of said product. The company that makes beadlocks and labels them as For Off Road Use Only is covering their butt in such cases. This puts the liability on the user.

Has anyone been on the receiving end or seen anyone losing a bead while off road? I know it's based on driving style but I'm curious to how often this occurs with regular wheels and tires and airing down.

I'm not falling into the hole so much as just 'stumbling' through the issue as I am researching.

The beadlocks in question (those in this thread) are some of the best looking beadlocks I've seen, in my opinion.

Thanks guys,
    So should I paint the Beadlock rim black or keep it natural?

I would keep it natural.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteRavenRR View Post
    I would keep it natural.
    Keep it natural. 100%. Don't do it. Too many all black JK wheels.

A beadlock fail is much like a tire blow out I'd imagine. Except it will fail an allow a leak before it allows the tire to come off. So..effectively like a flat tire?

Quote Originally Posted by Snarf77 View Post
    Keep it natural. 100%. Don't do it. Too many all black JK wheels.

A beadlock fail is much like a tire blow out I'd imagine. Except it will fail an allow a leak before it allows the tire to come off. So..effectively like a flat tire?
    Natural!

Its 3D now, spraying it would take that depth away,

Also when you scratch them, they will really look scratched, if your scratching the paint off. If the lock is left metal, you won't see it nearly as much.

Great thoughts!
    Thank you!
    I'll keep them natural !

Mailbox cleared!! I need to figure out how to up the storage!!

Was the price of a replacement ring posted?

That's crutial to how good a deal the wheels are. Some beadIock rings cost the same as a non beadlock wheel. That to me makes the added weight of beadlocks pointless. I want to beat up the rings offroad, then buy new rings. That way the expensive wheel is never really in danger.