The spring I used is definitely softer that the stock spring I removed. I took the stock spring with me to the hardware store for comparison to find one of roughly the size, and also squeezed all the springs to compare to the stock spring, looking for one that seemed about half as stiff. You can't make any assumptions about coil tightness and diameter, because springs can be made of different alloys or wire thickness. Also notice that my new spring is a bit shorter than the original. This causes it to be less pre-loaded than the stock spring, so that the initial effort to get the pedal moving is decreased as well. It seems to get rid of the feeling of the initial pedal movement having no effect.

I've been driving with this softer spring for a few days now, and I really like it for daily driving. It definitely improves *perceived* throttle response, just because it takes less effort to make things happen. You could get the same exact acceleration response out of the vehicle just by moving your foot with more force, but it's the increased ease of using the pedal that makes it feel more responsive. It doesn't feel "smooshy". It just feels normal to me. With the inner spring completely removed, it did feel too weak/smooshy/sensitive to me.

I'm not sure when I'll get off road again to test it on the trails, but I have the ability to easily adjust the throttle boost setting with my InTune if the throttle turns out to be too sensitive. If the softer spring without throttle boost is still a bit too touchy on the trails, then I'll probably just adapt to it.

It's a pretty low risk mod, as long as you are careful while prying the cover off the pedal assembly. It only took about 15 minutes to do the mod the second time to add the softer inner spring. It can be easily returned to stock if you don't like it.