Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Is it like snap on where you just send back the broken pieces? Or do I have to explain how I broke it? Prove "normal use"?

Base too? Is snapping off one of the feet on the base the same as breaking the jaw?

Snap on gets their vise from us with all warrantys you have to show proof of purchase and normal use but most of the time you will be ok.

Would this be ok to mount on top of a softer wood, say an inch thick piece of pine? My current workbench top isn't a super hard wood and I"m wondering if I should mount this to some type of base plate to spread the load on the top?

I would put a 10x10 piece of 3/16 steel under the vise, then use shouldered bolts thru the table so that you don't have the threads wearing thru the wood. Then Id put BIG washers underneath. then Lock washers, THEN nylon lock bolts.

(maybe even thread lock) LOL

Is it like snap on where you just send back the broken pieces? Or do I have to explain how I broke it? Prove "normal use"?

Base too? Is snapping off one of the feet on the base the same as breaking the jaw?

(snap on/reed/mac and some cat) vises are wilton they will ask for some pictures and a proof of purchase. There are some items they consider as wear items
    but the people at wilton will go out of there way to help if they can.

Here's a vid of the vise getting mounted

I love this vise.

In order to extract all its value, Id need a new bench. Mine would collapse under the weight of the vise alone. Good project for this winter.