Close

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    So being where I am, most of the local off road parks have a lot of water crossing and/or mud involved. This begs the snorkel question..how does one have a snorkel and forced induction and still move enough air. Riverraider showed me how they solved the problem with a RIPP system. They added internal sealed filter housing near the back of the engine bay just south of the air intake, right after the elbow that heads up and out of the cowl.

This is VERY high on my want list – from rock hard 4x4. Their bolt-in front unit converts our stock “sport bars” to fairly effective cages. They mount from the factory bar forward. You have to do some cutting, but all of it is fairly minimal and its for safety. Cooooool product. Nice it integrates handles – the most popular current handles are over $100…so that saves a few bucks.

One of the massively popular events at the show was a chance to hop onto Metalcloak’s new Corner Travel Index Trailer. CTI is an arguably better way to measure a vehicle’s ability to articulate to an extreme. You can’t really cheat CTI as you can RTI and no driver error can have bad results since you’re not in motion up a ramp. Pretty cool.
    Once everyone figured out how cool it was to get up there and flex, the lines got massive. The plan was that everyone’s scores would be posted on a chart for all to see. The line but moved pretty quickly. That little red topped tent in the distance was Metalcloak:

Almost there!

Quote Originally Posted by 2me View Post
    Very cool - as long ast it prints to exact scale, those templates are great. I didn't know MC made one until you pointed it out. Thanks.