Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    On attendee brought an old military quarter ton trailer. I'd love to have one of these that I could modify and match to my rig. They are few and far in between but I'd definitely pick one up at the right price and turn it into a camping rig. My 2 door has very little room for cargo if you have any rear seat passenger.

How about some beadlocks…I these are definitely on my long term list. These two-piece beadlocks are nice. Cool cutaway too. The cost is high..but so is the cost of a bead failure on the trail.

One of the massively popular events at the show was a chance to hop onto Metalcloak’s new Corner Travel Index Trailer. CTI is an arguably better way to measure a vehicle’s ability to articulate to an extreme. You can’t really cheat CTI as you can RTI and no driver error can have bad results since you’re not in motion up a ramp. Pretty cool.
    Once everyone figured out how cool it was to get up there and flex, the lines got massive. The plan was that everyone’s scores would be posted on a chart for all to see. The line but moved pretty quickly. That little red topped tent in the distance was Metalcloak:

Almost there!

Quote Originally Posted by Snarf77 View Post
    My 2 door has very little room for cargo if you have any rear seat passenger.
    I just dealt with the same problem. Had to figure out how to get my 2-door jeep, family of four, and camping gear/luggage across the state to Silver Lake Sand Dunes.

I got lucky and found this custom enclosed trailer on craigslist for $500:

It even has tail lights from a 1989 Wrangler

Quote Originally Posted by UselessPickles View Post
    I just dealt with the same problem. Had to figure out how to get my 2-door jeep, family of four, and camping gear/luggage across the state to Silver Lake Sand Dunes.

I got lucky and found this custom enclosed trailer on craigslist for $500:

It even has tail lights from a 1989 Wrangler
    Excellent! That is the gist of what I would want to achieve, at least functionally. I would probably block the springs and tow mine more level since I'm lifted but that's basically it. Currently, I'm lucky if I can get things behind the seat, like groceries!

So I finally Jesse’s Girl on the ramp and start getting jacked up. I get a bit flexed and Matson from Metalcloak does a quick walk-around of my system looking for limitations and spots that bind up, to offer suggestions for more flex. One guy was kind enough to take some pictures for me while I was on the ramp.

There was a huge crowd of folks just sitting watching jeep after jeep run on the CTI machine. One passerby noticed the six-pack shocks on my jeep, and having not seen them before I did some inadvertent Metalclock promotion explaining how the shorter shock body gave additional up-travel compared to a normal shock.

Matson asked for a couple shots of JG and the MC Tent so I took a few. It was really cool hanging out with the guy behind the system and getting some pointers on how to make it work better off-road.

Now we are getting somewhere.

How did JG do vs the other trucks on the CTI machine? I hope matson hugged you. Everything he makes is on that truck.

Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    Now we are getting somewhere.

How did JG do vs the other trucks on the CTI machine? I hope matson hugged you. Everything he makes is on that truck.
    JG did just as well as set up as many of the highly modified JKs. Keep in mind that the gamechanger is a mid-arm system that flexs as well as most long-arm systems.

The main take-way from Matson (sadly, I didn't get a hug) was his inspection of my ride and confirmation of my previous thoughts that i needed to remove a complete section of bump-stop front and rear. I'm at the recommened-first-setup of 3 bumpstop sections. When I'm on the bumps, I have a ton of room in the rear left to travel and a bit in the front (very tight because of my not quite enough wheel offset). I plan to remove a section in the rear first and then in the front and then record my CTI score.

With 35s instead of 37s, the gamechanger system gets amazing CTI scores. The 37s do serve as the limiting factor with up-travel..but I love my 37KM2s dearly.

Quote Originally Posted by 2me View Post
    Very cool - as long ast it prints to exact scale, those templates are great. I didn't know MC made one until you pointed it out. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Snarf77 View Post
    So I finally Jesse’s Girl on the ramp and start getting jacked up. I get a bit flexed and Matson from Metalcloak does a quick walk-around of my system looking for limitations and spots that bind up, to offer suggestions for more flex. One guy was kind enough to take some pictures for me while I was on the ramp.

There was a huge crowd of folks just sitting watching jeep after jeep run on the CTI machine. One passerby noticed the six-pack shocks on my jeep, and having not seen them before I did some inadvertent Metalclock promotion explaining how the shorter shock body gave additional up-travel compared to a normal shock.

Matson asked for a couple shots of JG and the MC Tent so I took a few. It was really cool hanging out with the guy behind the system and getting some pointers on how to make it work better off-road.

that RKsport hood is NUTTY.