Close

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Install the air inlet hat by slipping the hat in the open leg of the fan. Once in, slide onto compressor and rotate clockwise (upwards) while pushing inwards to seat, tighten the clamp. This was not fun. You can use lube to help. Locate cast aluminum air filter plenum with pre installed clamp. Squeeze plenum in-between radiator and supercharger until centered with air inlet. Wiggle and/or turn it into place (This is TIGHT), be sure to leave clamp accessible for future service.

The space where your stock air box was will now be utilized for the new coolant overflow tank. Use the template they supply to mark and drill 3 holes through the plastic. Place tank mount in, aligned with holes, drop hardware in mounting holes, use supplied clamp, nuts, and washers and tighten. Slide tank onto bracket until it bottoms out. Route coolant overflow hose from radiator.

The supplied PCV valve installs in the crank case hose located behind the throttle body and slips in place. You simply cut the hose. Install the PCV valve with arrow pointing towards the intake manifold. The valve should open in vacuum and close in boost. Locate main vacuum line leading to EVAP behind throttle body, cut it as their diagram shows, use supplied tee fittings and line, route vacuum line to top of bypass valve, zip tie line to avoid interference with drive belt.

Now all that's left is the tuning. Plug your In-tune into your PC the day before to make sure the updates are current (mine took almost an hour to update and forced me to finish in the dark. The same tune does the standard or high- altitude kit. Change your oil, replace your coolant (slowly). If everything seems right let the JK run for 30-60 seconds, shut it down and let it sit for a minute. Recheck all fluid levels.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iphone 405.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	97.8 KB 
ID:	1137You now have a boosted 3.6 JK

I really was concerned with the usability of the Ripp kit off road, but the boost is instantaneous in 4 LOW so I can pull it over anything without bouncing aka breaking all sorts of important/expensive stuff .

Great Job with the install!!! Hope you really enjoy your newly boosted JK!!!

RIPP

Quote Originally Posted by RIPPMODS View Post
    Great Job with the install!!! Hope you really enjoy your newly boosted JK!!!

RIPP
    Hey, a real RIPP person! Fantastic.

So, quick question... Do you guys support the high altitude (I call it the high elevation, but that's another story) pulley when you're not actually at high altitude? How much extra boost does it provide when you are at lower elevations?
    2014 Jeep JKU Sahara, Manual - /OlllllllO\ - 4" Metal Cloak lift, 37" Toyo Open Country's on 20" XD Bully Rims, 4.56 Yukon gears, Mopar High Top Fenders, ARB Front Bull Bar Bumper, ARB Rear Bumper, Teraflex HD Tire Carrier, Teraflex Tire Carrier Accessory Mount, Twin Rotopax mount, Hi-Lift Jack mounted on front bumper, Reverse LED work lights, Warn 9.5ti winch, Synergy Drag Link, Trackbar Relocation Bracket, AMP Power Steps, JK1001 Radio, SpiderShade.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
    Hey, a real RIPP person! Fantastic.

So, quick question... Do you guys support the high altitude (I call it the high elevation, but that's another story) pulley when you're not actually at high altitude? How much extra boost does it provide when you are at lower elevations?
    I have high alt pulley here, and have been waiting for my jeep to not feel fast then install it. Jeep still feels fast to me.

Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    I have high alt pulley here, and have been waiting for my jeep to not feel fast then install it. Jeep still feels fast to me.
    Grin... BUT, maybe you don't know what fast is REALLY like until you install it? I think my Jeep is fast, until I drive my little sports car and then remember, it's not fast ;-)
    2014 Jeep JKU Sahara, Manual - /OlllllllO\ - 4" Metal Cloak lift, 37" Toyo Open Country's on 20" XD Bully Rims, 4.56 Yukon gears, Mopar High Top Fenders, ARB Front Bull Bar Bumper, ARB Rear Bumper, Teraflex HD Tire Carrier, Teraflex Tire Carrier Accessory Mount, Twin Rotopax mount, Hi-Lift Jack mounted on front bumper, Reverse LED work lights, Warn 9.5ti winch, Synergy Drag Link, Trackbar Relocation Bracket, AMP Power Steps, JK1001 Radio, SpiderShade.