Close

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
    Hey, a real RIPP person! Fantastic.

So, quick question... Do you guys support the high altitude (I call it the high elevation, but that's another story) pulley when you're not actually at high altitude? How much extra boost does it provide when you are at lower elevations?
    We sure do, we're the only company that actually sent our calibrater to Colorado to 13500 feet elevation to tune. We have had properly scaled high elevation tuning since 2009 and continue to have properly scaled tuning from sea-level to tops of peaks. If fact our tunes are properly scaled for this condition and there is a kit.

Also there a many videos of people testing this condition, below is a very old one from 2010 to settle the argument. Please keep this in mind this is tested on the standard pulley.... NOT the current Altitude pulley.

LINK TO KIT

RIPPTECH

Quote Originally Posted by RIPPMODS View Post
    We sure do, we're the only company that actually sent our calibrater to Colorado to 13500 feet elevation to tune. We have had properly scaled high elevation tuning since 2009 and continue to have properly scaled tuning from sea-level to tops of peaks. If fact our tunes are properly scaled for this condition and there is a kit.

Also there a many videos of people testing this condition, below is a very old one from 2010 to settle the argument. Please keep this in mind this is tested on the standard pulley.... NOT the current Altitude pulley.

LINK TO KIT

RIPPTECH
    Our garage has been ripped apart lately changing the floor substrate. As soon as we can get the jeep back in, I will install the new pulley and take some video.

I'll work on some videos as well

RIPPTECH
    Thanks RIPP, but I think you did not understand my question. I'm not doubting that you tuned your high elevation pulley for high elevation. What I'm asking is, do you support those users that are down at sea level and have NO INTENT of ever driving at high elevation (ie < mile high) and are doing this solely for the purpose of getting more boost at lower elevations?
    2014 Jeep JKU Sahara, Manual - /OlllllllO\ - 4" Metal Cloak lift, 37" Toyo Open Country's on 20" XD Bully Rims, 4.56 Yukon gears, Mopar High Top Fenders, ARB Front Bull Bar Bumper, ARB Rear Bumper, Teraflex HD Tire Carrier, Teraflex Tire Carrier Accessory Mount, Twin Rotopax mount, Hi-Lift Jack mounted on front bumper, Reverse LED work lights, Warn 9.5ti winch, Synergy Drag Link, Trackbar Relocation Bracket, AMP Power Steps, JK1001 Radio, SpiderShade.

Thanks RIPP, but I think you did not understand my question. I'm not doubting that you tuned your high elevation pulley for high elevation. What I'm asking is, do you support those users that are down at sea level and have NO INTENT of ever driving at high elevation (ie < mile high) and are doing this solely for the purpose of getting more boost at lower elevations?
    Yes, you can have the ALT pulley on at sea level with our canned tuned, we are tuned from sea level to high elevation. This means a client can go up and down the mountain without issue. Our tuning follows the barometer reading and adjusts fuel/timing accordingly. Yes at sea level it will make 11psi peak and thus more power, as you transition from sea level to elevation, it will nominally make less PSI.

RIPPTECH

So what should you expect driving from phoenix to the grand canyon? 0 ft to like 9000 ft.

a rocket at the beginning, a pig at the end?

Yes, you can have the ALT pulley on at sea level with our canned tuned, we are tuned from sea level to high elevation. This means a client can go up and down the mountain without issue. Our tuning follows the barometer reading and adjusts fuel/timing accordingly. Yes at sea level it will make 11psi peak and thus more power, as you transition from sea level to elevation, it will nominally make less PSI.

RIPPTECH
    Me likey your answer ;-) 11 PSI, that sounds more funner than the 8 PSI I've been hearing about.

So here's a REALLY dumb question.... If you have no issue with low-life's (ie. low elevation folks) running the high elevation pulley, then why not just include the high elevation pulley as standard? Seems like it's one less SKU to keep on stock, one less special tuning you need to provide, one less part to support, and provides increased power over all the other SC's out there that are not shipping with the high elevation pulley. Am I missing something here?
    2014 Jeep JKU Sahara, Manual - /OlllllllO\ - 4" Metal Cloak lift, 37" Toyo Open Country's on 20" XD Bully Rims, 4.56 Yukon gears, Mopar High Top Fenders, ARB Front Bull Bar Bumper, ARB Rear Bumper, Teraflex HD Tire Carrier, Teraflex Tire Carrier Accessory Mount, Twin Rotopax mount, Hi-Lift Jack mounted on front bumper, Reverse LED work lights, Warn 9.5ti winch, Synergy Drag Link, Trackbar Relocation Bracket, AMP Power Steps, JK1001 Radio, SpiderShade.

Quote Originally Posted by FLIPmeOVER View Post
    So what should you expect driving from phoenix to the grand canyon? 0 ft to like 9000 ft.

a rocket at the beginning, a pig at the end?
    You should expect a properly scaled vehicle that adapts to the conditions seamlessly and to be keeping up to the traffic at 9000ft. You should also expect to be passing stock JK's at Hwy speed leaving them wondering what you have that they don't

Put a RIPP sticker on it

Me likey your answer ;-) 11 PSI, that sounds more funner than the 8 PSI I've been hearing about.

So here's a REALLY dumb question.... If you have no issue with low-life's (ie. low elevation folks) running the high elevation pulley, then why not just include the high elevation pulley as standard? Seems like it's one less SKU to keep on stock, one less special tuning you need to provide, one less part to support, and provides increased power over all the other SC's out there that are not shipping with the high elevation pulley. Am I missing something here?
    First and formost, there is no special tune requiered - the RIPP canned tune provided the tool is updated is ready to deal with all options we sell for the 07-14jk's. A Diablo Tool update carries the latest firmware update and a simple rewrite to the vehicle using the RIPP canned tune updates all vehicle drive conditions.

To answer your question, Because at RIPP we believe the best foot forward is the 1000's of kits running soundly world wide..... NOT Hanging the front wheels up in the air and saying we're the more powerful.... We can be plenty more powerful that we are now, but it's not worth the down side.

As avid Jeepers, a Jeep is an offroad vehicle, 1000's people rely on them to drive 2000 miles from home to take them 100miles off road... A Jeep part is designed to do things under all conditions. Considering ourselves beyond a supercharger kit, we have demonstrated ourselves to be a Jeep part.

• Well made and reputable
    • Easy to install
    • Reliable under all conditions
    • Easily serviceable on the field
    • Reversible on the field
    • Removable with a value when sold off used

We take quit seriously the fact that many of our clients pile their families into RIPP powered JK's for a couple of weeks worth of fun and that a more powerful broken vehicle is worthless. The fact is our integrity out weighs the 20-30 more HP we could be advertising. Let the other guys advertise that and deal with the downside. To be fair, once you lay down 320WHP/280trq on 37's, pick up 1-4mpg and don't have to worry about it, do you NEED more?

8psi standard
    11psi test and RIPP approved
    Any more your on your own

RIPPTECH

do you NEED more?
    Answer: Yes. MOOR POWER...

But, for now, you have mostly satisfied my curiosity.

So basically, you feel 8 PSI is 100% safe at low elevations, but you feel comfortable at 11 PSI if the intent is for high elevation driving at some point, but if someone complains your gear got them stranded on a coastal beach, and they were running a high elevation pulley, you will basically be able to tell them they were operating out of bounds. Got it.

So, JeepLab, got that new pulley on yet? Hurry my mine, you're fan base is waiting...

Answer: Yes. MOOR POWER...

But, for now, you have mostly satisfied my curiosity.

So basically, you feel 8 PSI is 100% safe at low elevations, but you feel comfortable at 11 PSI if the intent is for high elevation driving at some point, but if someone complains your gear got them stranded on a coastal beach, and they were running a high elevation pulley, you will basically be able to tell them they were operating out of bounds. Got it.

So, JeepLab, got that new pulley on yet? Hurry my mine, you're fan base is waiting...
    Its on my list. behind correcting the steering, and getting the garage ready for work. Ive had to RIPP (lol) the garage apart to redo the epoxy floor. Betty is sleeping outside for the first time in her life. Once I can get her back in, its steering correction time, and the new pulley will go on. Hang in there its coming.

Deola has his installed already, he can comment on the power.

here are some shots of the floor we just put down. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 3-6.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	104.0 KB 
ID:	1161