Close

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Dude! is that unnamed jeep a bullet now?

"rid thru the desert in a jeep with no name, it felt good to be out of the rain"

Name that tune?

Quote Originally Posted by Pznivy View Post

"rid thru the desert in a jeep with no name, it felt good to be out of the rain"

Name that tune?
    'Merica! Horse With No Name. Whats my prize? Am I the 15th caller!?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iphone 343.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	95.7 KB 
ID:	986Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iphone 345.jpg 
Size:	92.9 KB 
ID:	987Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iphone 346.jpg 
Size:	90.4 KB 
ID:	988Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iphone 347.jpg 
Size:	88.6 KB 
ID:	989Ok, next up we have the spark plugs. RIPP recommends NGK in their manual (either copper or iridium, but not platinum). NAPA is the only store that regularly stocks them in my area. I was given the wrong size thread @ NAPA, and I didn't realize this till I pulled the stock ones outta my JK. Soooo I ended up gapping the stocks to .032 inches. Which turns out to be fine. I didn't know it but they come with Champion Iridium plugs from the factory. So first you unplug all 6 coils from the valve cover and carefully remove them. I found a slight upward pressure while carefully turning a 1/4 back and fourth was the easiest. I used a plug puller magnet to fetch the plugs out after loosening them up with a socket and extension. Then its as easy as gapping them down (they seemed to be about .035 stock). Then you just reinstall reversing the steps. The only plug that was difficult to access was the center plug on the passenger side.

Quote Originally Posted by Pznivy View Post

Name that tune?
    It is, feels stock till 2800 rpm, then it goes hard through the rest of the power band.