Close

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

2012 JKUR (still unnamed) RIPP Supercahrger High Altitude Full Kit Install

It's here, almost totally unscathed. RIP(gigiddy) 2 spare bottles of vortech oil. The good side is they were replaced within 5 days. I will be doing and documenting the full install of the supercharger onto my JKUR. 2012 Rubicon, manual transmission, 2.5 lift, 35x12.50x17 nitto extreme terrains, stock 4.10 gearing(for now), magnaflow cat back exhaust, Totl innovations heat reduction hood.... That wraps up the mods that will come into play in the end's performance testing. Everything else just plays into the weight game. Since I get paid to break stuff for a living, it should be obvious that I'm a pretty mild to moderate mechanic. I'm also a perfectionist, so I have a good friend/head jeep mechanic @ the local dealership/ avid off-roader supervising me during this install. I have read the instruction booklet umpteen times, we are shooting for an install this Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Deola View Post
    It's here, almost totally unscathed. RIP(gigiddy) 2 spare bottles of vortech oil. The good side is they were replaced within 5 days....

Very cool. Look forward to the install thread. I'm confused - what was broken and replaced? Vortech oil?

I cannot wait to see something on the high alt set up. JL, don't you have one of these also?

Is it installed?

Name this thing already! We saw this Jeep in the TOTL innovations hood thread.

Black right?

how about....... Black the RIPPer? (get it like "jack the ripper", but with black because the jeep is black, and its got a RIPP supercharger on it?)

Black the RIPPer is very clever.

Spare oil sent was busted open by the other things in box...but they sent the replacements in a timely manor. As far as the name that would work if my jk was black, but it's actually Black Forest Green Pearlcoat.... Hard to tell though because it's normally brown, but hey that's what they are made for right?! I love my street legal 4- wheeler

Ok, just got the call from my friend and he said Saturday is a go!!! I can hardly wait. Wish me luck guys and gals

Good luck with the install mine took 6 hours start to finish i have a ripp kit also its alot of fun to drive and definately worth the money

Give your internet family some PICs!

Here is one to hold you guys over till tomorrow.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg