Close

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    OK, install is finished. Drove it home last night and went straight to bed to prep for my 24 hour shift today. To keep you updated total install time was about 10.5 hours. 2 of those hours were in the Diablosport In-tune updates and actual tuning. Ran into a problem with one of the supplied brackets, but was able to work around it with my friends help. I will start on the full write up tomorrow when I get off work. Jeep did good on the way home, no issues presented themselves. Acceleration is much better than stock...as expected. I was able to hold 6th gear at 62 mph over all height hills on my trip home. The doors and hardtop were not on my jeep, but I doubt a couple hundred pouds will skew it very much at those speeds. Bigger brakes will definately be moved higher on my list of what to mod next. Stay tuned for a ton of pics and more details.

Quote Originally Posted by Deola View Post
    Bigger brakes will definately be moved higher on my list of what to mod next.
    What's the reason for this?

Because turns come up a lot faster now

But if you are street driving, you shouldn't be needing to brake from a higher speed for corners now. For racing, it makes sense that more power needs better brakes, because you will accelerate to a higher speed between corners. On the street, you'll only be accelerating more quickly up to the same speeds that you would have accelerated up to without the supercharger (unless you treat the streets like a race track, disregarding speed limits).

The brakes only care how quickly you need to slow down from what speed. It doesn't matter how quickly you accelerated up to that speed.

Regardless of whether or not I speed over the mountains, I already had bigger brakes on my list for the terrain I live and wheel on, what I tow, and the extra weight my jku carries with add-ons.bigger brakes are now higher on my list than they used to be.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iphone 316.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	95.7 KB 
ID:	958Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iphone 317.jpg 
Size:	88.5 KB 
ID:	959Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iphone 318.jpg 
Size:	92.5 KB 
ID:	960A week before the unit came I ran all of my 87 octane out and refilled with 93 so that part would be good to go for install. OK, here we go. First off we had to get the stock parts outta the way. I disconnected the battery, removed the stock air box and piping back to throttle body ( when removing the air temp sensor...it was noted in instructions to note how it was facing and to be careful not to damage it), engine coolant over flow tank ( not reused- new one provided) upper shroud, Plastic cover and foam pieces over intake manifold.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iphone 323.jpg 
Size:	94.0 KB 
ID:	965Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iphone 324.jpg 
Size:	89.5 KB 
ID:	966Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iphone 325.jpg 
Size:	93.2 KB 
ID:	967Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iphone 326.jpg 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	968Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iphone 327.jpg 
Size:	91.6 KB 
ID:	969Next up was preparing to remove intake manifold. First off I had to unplug and remove the vacuum lines behind the throttle body, unplug and remove the map sensor, and unplug the throttle body. Then I unplugged the large data plug just to the passenger side of the manifold. Then I pulled the harness from the manifold by pulling the plastic push clips. Hint** A pair of 45 degree long nose plies came in handy each and every time I had to pull the plastic clips or screws during this install. None were damaged and all were able to be reused.**

Note that the brackets 1 on passenger side and 2 on driver side> I removed the bolts to allow a little play in them to avoid damaging the plenum behind the throttle body<-- It wasn't noted in the instructions, but it made life much simpler.

Ryan, my question is, since you are like the first human in the US to have driven standard RIPP and HIGH ALT RIPP, can you tell the difference?

Is your truck faster than your dads?