Close

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Dads has the 456 gearing on 33s vs the stock 410 in mine with 35s. so that's a hard call. I do like the manual with boost far better than his boosted auto though hands down. Did you ever get that pulley measured? Im trying to set up a little head to head between the 2 of us but its been pouring rain all day today and I just got called into work for tomorrow. Maybe the later part of the week will allow that comparison.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iphone 328.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	92.7 KB 
ID:	972Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iphone 329.jpg 
Size:	90.7 KB 
ID:	973Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iphone 330.jpg 
Size:	88.4 KB 
ID:	974Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iphone 332.jpg 
Size:	87.4 KB 
ID:	975OK, the next step is the removal of the 7(8mm) bolts that hold the manifold in place, and the 2(10mm) bolts on the passenger side of the manifold. Then 2 more 10 mm bolts on the bracket located on the driver side rear of the manifold. Now the manifold lifts straight up with a little guidance around remaining parts. Once off cover your intake ports with cloth or better yet painters tape, to prevent dropping something into the motor.

Name:	iphone 357.jpg 
Size:	91.4 KB 
ID:	977Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iphone 335.jpg 
Size:	87.5 KB 
ID:	978Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iphone 342.jpg 
Size:	89.9 KB 
ID:	979Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iphone 341.jpg 
Size:	92.3 KB 
ID:	980The injectors are up next. Each injector has a red latch on the plug before you can remove it. The middle one on the passenger side is a little difficult to get to but the 45 degree plies did the trick. Then use a torx-27 socket drive to remove the 4 bolts holding the fuel rail in place. The next step provided by RIPP said to leave the fuel rail in the vehicle, but it was easier for me to remove the rail. Then you just pull the injectors out slowly, make sure the lower O-rings are kept up with. They aren't reused. Instead they are replaced with the black provided O-rings on the new injectors. The new injectors are higher than the old ones so you get 4 shims to elevate everything to the right height. there are also 4 screws included that replace the stock ones. I used a tiny drop of locktite to hold the 4 shims in place while aligning everything back up to prevent any accidents. Also a touch of grease on the new injectors helps with the install. Tighten down the new hardware and the injectors are done.

Did you notice much oil on the grey rubber seals?! Keep those away from solvents or they can deform and become useless.

Which ones are you referring to?

The 6 rubber seals on the intake manifold:

Quote Originally Posted by Deola View Post

Name:	iphone 341.jpg 
Size:	92.3 KB 
ID:	980

Not trying to be a smartass just wondering if you are talking about the seals in the ports or on the fuel injectors.

Oh ok, yeah they were in really good shape. Only 10,500 miles on the Jeep now, so things were all in pretty good shape still all around

Dude! is that unnamed jeep a bullet now?

"rid thru the desert in a jeep with no name, it felt good to be out of the rain"

Name that tune?

Quote Originally Posted by Pznivy View Post
    Dude! is that unnamed jeep a bullet now?

"rid thru the desert in a jeep with no name, it felt good to be out of the rain"

Name that tune?
    'Merica! Horse With No Name. Whats my prize? Am I the 15th caller!?