Close

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pznivy View Post
    Dude! is that unnamed jeep a bullet now?

"rid thru the desert in a jeep with no name, it felt good to be out of the rain"

Name that tune?
    It is, feels stock till 2800 rpm, then it goes hard through the rest of the power band.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iphone 343.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	95.7 KB 
ID:	986Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iphone 345.jpg 
Size:	92.9 KB 
ID:	987Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iphone 346.jpg 
Size:	90.4 KB 
ID:	988Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iphone 347.jpg 
Size:	88.6 KB 
ID:	989Ok, next up we have the spark plugs. RIPP recommends NGK in their manual (either copper or iridium, but not platinum). NAPA is the only store that regularly stocks them in my area. I was given the wrong size thread @ NAPA, and I didn't realize this till I pulled the stock ones outta my JK. Soooo I ended up gapping the stocks to .032 inches. Which turns out to be fine. I didn't know it but they come with Champion Iridium plugs from the factory. So first you unplug all 6 coils from the valve cover and carefully remove them. I found a slight upward pressure while carefully turning a 1/4 back and fourth was the easiest. I used a plug puller magnet to fetch the plugs out after loosening them up with a socket and extension. Then its as easy as gapping them down (they seemed to be about .035 stock). Then you just reinstall reversing the steps. The only plug that was difficult to access was the center plug on the passenger side.

Name:	iphone 348.jpg 
Size:	80.6 KB 
ID:	990Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iphone 352.jpg 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	991Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iphone 355.jpg 
Size:	88.0 KB 
ID:	992Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iphone 356.jpg 
Size:	86.4 KB 
ID:	993Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iphone 357.jpg 
Size:	91.4 KB 
ID:	994Next up you have to cut the intake manifold on the passenger side to allow room for the now shimmed higher fuel rail. I let Robert do this step while I was changing the plugs out since he was familiar with his air tools. Its not a lot that needs to come off, we just trimmed a little then set it in place and kept taking small amounts each time until it fit.

To finish up your work in this part you just plug everything back up replace all the hardware (don't forget the brackets that you backed off earlier). Then you just plug the Ripp MAP sensor in where the stock one sat previously.

Super Jealous. you should send some pics to ripp with that hood you have. You'll probably make their Facebook page.

I gotta get a pic of my Dad's and mine together since we have the same hoods and each have a RIPP now.

yes, you owe us a photo shoot too. These engine pics are good, but I want to see the whole jeep!

Maybe a father son photo shoot.

Name:	image.jpg 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	996Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	996[ATTACH=CONFIG]996[/ATTACH here is the exterior of mine

your truck looks like BB, but better because you have the half doors!

It's actually just full doors and no top. Sorry to make you guys wait so long for this write up but I've worked 77 hours of overtime these past 9 days... On the plus side there will be 4.88s in my jk soon