Close

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
    Hey, a real RIPP person! Fantastic.

So, quick question... Do you guys support the high altitude (I call it the high elevation, but that's another story) pulley when you're not actually at high altitude? How much extra boost does it provide when you are at lower elevations?
    We sure do, we're the only company that actually sent our calibrater to Colorado to 13500 feet elevation to tune. We have had properly scaled high elevation tuning since 2009 and continue to have properly scaled tuning from sea-level to tops of peaks. If fact our tunes are properly scaled for this condition and there is a kit.

Also there a many videos of people testing this condition, below is a very old one from 2010 to settle the argument. Please keep this in mind this is tested on the standard pulley.... NOT the current Altitude pulley.

LINK TO KIT

RIPPTECH

Quote Originally Posted by RIPPMODS View Post
    We sure do, we're the only company that actually sent our calibrater to Colorado to 13500 feet elevation to tune. We have had properly scaled high elevation tuning since 2009 and continue to have properly scaled tuning from sea-level to tops of peaks. If fact our tunes are properly scaled for this condition and there is a kit.

Also there a many videos of people testing this condition, below is a very old one from 2010 to settle the argument. Please keep this in mind this is tested on the standard pulley.... NOT the current Altitude pulley.

LINK TO KIT

RIPPTECH
    Our garage has been ripped apart lately changing the floor substrate. As soon as we can get the jeep back in, I will install the new pulley and take some video.

Quote Originally Posted by RIPPMODS View Post

RIPPTECH
    Thanks RIPP, but I think you did not understand my question. I'm not doubting that you tuned your high elevation pulley for high elevation. What I'm asking is, do you support those users that are down at sea level and have NO INTENT of ever driving at high elevation (ie < mile high) and are doing this solely for the purpose of getting more boost at lower elevations?
    2014 Jeep JKU Sahara, Manual - /OlllllllO\ - 4" Metal Cloak lift, 37" Toyo Open Country's on 20" XD Bully Rims, 4.56 Yukon gears, Mopar High Top Fenders, ARB Front Bull Bar Bumper, ARB Rear Bumper, Teraflex HD Tire Carrier, Teraflex Tire Carrier Accessory Mount, Twin Rotopax mount, Hi-Lift Jack mounted on front bumper, Reverse LED work lights, Warn 9.5ti winch, Synergy Drag Link, Trackbar Relocation Bracket, AMP Power Steps, JK1001 Radio, SpiderShade.

I'll work on some videos as well

So what should you expect driving from phoenix to the grand canyon? 0 ft to like 9000 ft.

a rocket at the beginning, a pig at the end?

Ok back on track now with the thread. I have got about 1,000 miles on the JK with the RIPP installed. I've put some sticky notes in the back of me brain to share with you all. In no particular order. The power is great when it kicks in at 3000 RPMs, I wish it was sooner for everyday driving( especially with a lot of elevation changes)... But on the up side as soon as you touch the throttle in 4LOW. I had a bolt and copper crush washer decide to not play well together anymore ( about 50 miles on the unit) and start leaking while I was working on the farm one day. I lost just over 1/8th of the units oil in 80 miles. Of course my luck this happened while all of RIPPs staff was vacationing together and unavailable, annnnd on the weekend, so vortech was closed. When I called them on Monday the bolt and washer cost like $48+ shipping anothe $43 (overnight was $96) wasn't really excited about that, but my Jeep was OOS until I had the new part installed. I have heard a lot of people tell me that power adders would change my mind on gears. These Jeepers have a lot more experience than me mind you. That being said I disagree, the RIPP is great in the power band but so much of my driving is spent under 3000 RPMs. I can stay a gear lower on my trans while towing and crossing mountains, I guess it's just personal preference. Dads has gears and I reallly like it combined with the RIPP. This may be because if I'm under 2200 RPMs and being light on the throttle I get a good bit of throttle surging in every gear. To fix this I either stay above 2400 RPMs or go 50% throttle or greater. I'm enjoying the unit overall, just thought I should share.
    Last edited by Deola; 09-29-2014 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deola View Post
    The power is great when it kicks in at 3000 RPMs, I wish it was sooner for everyday driving( especially with a lot of elevation changes) under 2200 RPMs and being light on the throttle I get a good bit of throttle surging in every gear. To fix this I either stay above 2400 RPMs or go 50% throttle or greater. I'm enjoying the unit overall, just thought I should share.
    Interesting.. Are you going to take this to a dyno and see what it does?

Quote Originally Posted by boosted1 View Post
    Interesting.. Are you going to take this to a dyno and see what it does?
    that's was the plan I'm having trouble locating a dyno shop in my area

Gears went in yesterday, didn't get to play long but all lagging spots seemed greatly diminished. Got it back late last night, and had to work today I will take it out to the farm and put it through its paces
    Last edited by Deola; 12-11-2014 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deola View Post
    Gears went in yesterday, didn't get to play long but all lagging spots seemed greatly diminished. Got it back late last night, and had to work today I will take it out to the farm and put it through its paces
    What gear size did you go with Deola?