Close

Is my Jeep....HOT? (temp)

Ok, You guys are familiar with BB's laundry list of mods.

I dont know where along the line, (recently) she seemed to gain some heat.

Tonka, the Dozer on 40s is like an oven to drive. I always assumed it was because the heat shield was screwed with when she had her body lifted. (she has spring lift, and body lift)

Betty, has no body lift, but it seems like under load, throttle, climbing at highway speed, the driver's seat footwell is like the heat is on...when its not.

Im a fanatic about every inch of her being perfect, so this bugs me. Did I just never notice it before? what do you guys think?

Temp

Heres a shot of the temp guage. I feel like it used to be further left. Someone take a pic of theirs and let me know. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 1 (19).jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	73.2 KB 
ID:	952

That's about where mine sits.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteRavenRR View Post
    That's about where mine sits.
    Does your footwell get warm?

I don't believe so. I'm usually running around in flip-flops most of the summer and I've never noticed it. Is BB's muffler in the factory location or has it been relocated? Check for an exhaust leak under the cab.

I wouldn't think the supercharger would make your engine bay run hotter? How long has this been going on since you noticed?

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteRavenRR View Post
    I don't believe so. I'm usually running around in flip-flops most of the summer and I've never noticed it. Is BB's muffler in the factory location or has it been relocated? Check for an exhaust leak under the cab.

I wouldn't think the supercharger would make your engine bay run hotter? How long has this been going on since you noticed?
    HMMMMMMM!

My exhaust is custom. We had to cut it apart the exhaust where the loop is, to fit the RK 3 link in.

If the hot air was exhaust, wouldnt it smell like exhaust?

I will look into the exhaust leaks.

I really think my temp is a little to the left of your needle. barely.

My truck does get warm under load however.

Does anyone know how to cool the engine bay down?

Its the ram air hood hurting black betty in this regard?