Close

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    The jeep has the newest tune.

... but does the Trinity tuner have the latest firmware version?

There have been some problems that were not the fault of the tune itself, but the tuner's software that writes the tune. If you contact RIPP with the Trinity in-hand and powered up, they should be able to walk you through checking the firmware version on your tuner and let you know if you need to update it. They should be aware of which versions of the firmware had problems.

Quote Originally Posted by UselessPickles View Post
    ... but does the Trinity tuner have the latest firmware version?

There have been some problems that were not the fault of the tune itself, but the tuner's software that writes the tune. If you contact RIPP with the Trinity in-hand and powered up, they should be able to walk you through checking the firmware version on your tuner and let you know if you need to update it. They should be aware of which versions of the firmware had problems.
    This is a recent post we have made in another forum:

Quote Originally Posted by RIPPMODS View Post
    Yes, we are constantly refining our product. Make sure your tool (diablosport) has the latest firmware update. This can be done by the following:

RM1000 (I1000 InTune) Plug the unit into any PC with an internet connection.

For T1000 (Trinity)

1. Uninstall your ripp tune and return the stock (original backup file) to your JK ( Un-Marry) the tool from your vehicle)
    2. Download DS Downloader from the diablosport website and install on your PC
    3. Plug your trinity in to your PC

4. FOLLOW THIS VIDEO!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdX1MGTIB2o

5.After you have completed the steps above, re-marry your T-1000. Re-retrieve the original backup file.

6. Re install your RIPP Tune.

To make sure your are running the latest RIPP TUNE, Contact ripptuning@gmail.com, put in the the subject: Tune update.

Please include a copy of the following files.
    A. Original Backup file
    B. Last tune written

If you have any questions, Please do not hesitate to give us a call.

718-815-1313 ext.11

Questions welcome!

RIPP

I followed the above steps before. Then I had the ecu reflashed at the dealer and reinstalled the tune. They were afraid the aev procal was stacked.

Quote Originally Posted by Deola View Post
    I followed the above steps before. Then I had the ecu reflashed at the dealer and reinstalled the tune. They were afraid the aev procal was stacked.
    Don't be afraid to stack the AEV ON TOP of our tune. We have found that the AEV Procal does a better job of modifying the parameters in the ECU/BCM!

RIPP

Quote Originally Posted by RIPPMODS View Post
    Don't be afraid to stack the AEV ON TOP of our tune. We have found that the AEV Procal does a better job of modifying the parameters in the ECU/BCM!

RIPP
    The intune allows for axle ratio and tire size changes. is it better to use the intune with the RIPP tune to change that stuff? or do you like pro cal better?

Quote Originally Posted by Rexx19 View Post
    The intune allows for axle ratio and tire size changes. is it better to use the intune with the RIPP tune to change that stuff? or do you like pro cal better?
    As of now, we still feel the AEV does a better job of writing to the ECU/BCM than the intune in the 2012+ for wheel/tire and diff ratios. Diablosport is always updating their firmware. Though we know this to be a sure fire solution for customers that may be experiencing transmission shift issues. This affects only a few CAL ID vehicles.

RIPP

My dad's has the trinity vs the intune and was advised to use the aev procal and not the diablo when we went to new gears and tires.