Close

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fubar View Post
    This was a great thread. Seems to me that some head to head supercharger testing is comin up.

I assume the magnuson thread will be posted here next?
    yes, your right, We are trying to get all the base info posted, then we are going to get rolling with the head to head testing.

The magnuson thread will be here also

Ive been stalking the JL website waiting for the shootout.

You guys really do test stuff the best. Really went crazy with both superchargers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexx19 View Post
    Ive been stalking the JL website waiting for the shootout.

You guys really do test stuff the best. Really went crazy with both superchargers.
    Same here.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RIPPMODS View Post
    Hey, Ross - Just wanted to make clear the compressor is fresh and has break in oil in it... the gearing is making face and will get quieter over the next 500-1000 miles - Change the oil before you go.

RIPPTECH

Thank you RIPPTECH,

We will have over 1000 miles in the next 24 hours (driving cross country) Ill do another sound bite on saturday, when we stop for gas. So I'll update the thread with as second sound bite at 1000 miles.

1800 miles to go...NJ to CO

Here's the nav shot. It's not set to Moab, we are going to nemesis industries in Colorado first.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NAv to Colorado.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	45.7 KB 
ID:	162

Ok so we are 500 miles into the run to moab. Not a hiccup from the supercharger.

We changed the oil, rotated the tires, changed the supercharger's oil. We are cruising at about 80.

I used 93 gas and the jeep tells me I'm just under 17 miles per gallon. I used to get about 13.

This is not my official calculation, ill tell you guys what I come out with a math calculation when we finish this tank of gas.

Name:	Ripp Moab Run 1.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	163

That last pic is from when we left. Here's where we are now.

I think 4000 miles is a pretty good test of the durability of this set up. Also every jeep we see that recognizes the RIPP logo on the side of the truck provokes us to drop the hammer.

We don't disappoint them.

Name:	JeepLab Moab Run.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	39.0 KB 
ID:	164

Here's an update

CRANKIN!!! 1000 to go. Supercharger has been spinning for 13 hours straight.

Name:	JeepLab Moab run 2.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	33.6 KB 
ID:	165

People wonder about brake and axle upgrades when you dump another hundred horse power on the pentastar,

I haven't changed the brakes. My position is that the pentastar would do these same speeds. It would just take longer to get to them.

So slowing down from them is the same. Could you act like a fool and chew your brakes up? Sure.

So do you need to upgrade them I would say no, Driving it now for about 18 hours straight now and the stock brakes are holding up great.

I doubt anyone who buys the supercharger will make it work like we are right now. (And we have 11 hours to go)

Also, its hard to cram bigger brakes into a 17 inch wheel

6 hours to go.

We are getting delirious!