Close

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Hey all

I just coiled over at rock krawler. My sc is turning 37s now.

The power is still there. I'm considering gears, I've got stock 4.10s

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JeepLab RIPP Supercharger 37s.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	87.8 KB 
ID:	169

Low End Roots, vs. High End with Centrifugal

Here's my opinion, high end......in lower gear. Sounds crazy, I know, your brain thinks you want low end because its a jeep, but I was climbing nearly straight up in Moab, in first, 4lo, and where others goosed the throttle, I'd ease the rpm up and she would slowly crawl. Made it look easy.

Spots offroad where you think you need momentum, with the sc you don't. It continues to build power, just steadily climbing.

Goosing the throttle is all of our enemy. It's how thing break.

Can adding the SC bring on the pentastar's dreaded tick? First its a 2012 problem,

Second, Here's my timeline.

My truck was built in December of 2011. Delivered Jan 13 2012.

So its an earlier 12. I never had a tick.

Put the SuperCharger on (UNTESTED) at about 10k miles.

RIPP my truck to develop the system map for manual trans jeeps. This means Dyno pass after Dyno pass as they played out every situation you could possibly be in on the road.

Then drove non stop cross country. There is no way your going to be harder on your truck.

Im at about 17k miles, I drive like a car thief, and there is no tick.

Here is a video showing that low gear, high RPM climbing technique i was just talking about.

Pete wants to goose the throttle, He is frustrated when I wont let him...watch what happens.

Planning to get my hands on RIPP's 11 psi pulley to run more tests.

Black Betty is one special Jeep.

If you had it to do over again.... Would you still put the RIPP SC on? Or go Mag? Or wait for the TURBO?

Quote Originally Posted by Yoinkers View Post
    Black Betty is one special Jeep.

If you had it to do over again.... Would you still put the RIPP SC on? Or go Mag? Or wait for the TURBO?
    This is a matter of taste.

I've driven with the RIPP SC for over a year now. I drove it cross country.

Would I love a mag if id had it the whole time? Maybe.

But having lived with this SC for so long, and how trouble free the jeep is with it, I can say, If i was building a new jeep tomorrow... It would have a RIPP.

Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    This is a matter of taste.

I've driven with the RIPP SC for over a year now. I drove it cross country.

Would I love a mag if id had it the whole time? Maybe.

But having lived with this SC for so long, and how trouble free the jeep is with it, I can say, If i was building a new jeep tomorrow... It would have a RIPP.

That is quite the statement. But if betty had a mag...you might have loved that...

Still concerned about running this on my 13 Auto. The trans codes are so severely restricted that I am afraid to mess with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
    Still concerned about running this on my 13 Auto. The trans codes are so severely restricted that I am afraid to mess with it.
    I'm pretty sure you'll be fine with a 13, but I'll look into it.