Close

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    I'm pretty sure you'll be fine with a 13, but I'll look into it.
    Ok, word from the source is that the 2013 auto tune is polished. They do not expect any hiccups.

My dad's 13 JKU sport with auto trans has had a RIPP for several months and thousands of miles now. It has required several (2 hour each way) trips to get bugs straightened out. First tune was no good, nobody contacted us about the new one when it came available, we had to call and complain then they said " oh we have a new tune out that's bug- free". Also with the auto you have to remember there is a " lift to shift" while at full throttle where you have to completely remove your foot from the throttle for a second at the top of each gear or the trans won't shift for several seconds. It's not bouncing of the redline it just kills all power and let's the SC spool completely down. This was especially troublesome for my dad when attempting to pass on a 2 lane 55 mph road. We weren't advised of lift to shift method until the 4 the month of ownership. I'm glad that BB's experience has been flawless, but our experience has been anything but, with calls and emails never returned, tunes taking days to get returned( which means you can't even start you jeep), numerous extra expenses ( not too mention all the wasted gas and time), the last time it was in the shop 2.5 weeks. One of the most frustrating things was we traveled so far because that was the closest RIPP authorized dealer to our town, then having to listen to the blame game between ripp and their installer. I can only speak for my father and myself, but I would never buy from them again.

These stories of tuning troubles on the automatics makes me glad I have a manual

Quote Originally Posted by Deola View Post
    I'm glad that BB's experience has been flawless, but our experience has been anything but,
    Black Betty's flawless now...She is on her 10th tune. LOL. You have to realize that Its a 12, which means RIPP has an extra year of R&D with it, AND its a manual, that cuts out any issues from the tranny.

What this brings up, is the tunes with all manufacturers, and how long it takes to get a stable reliable tune.

Keep in mind, Ive never driven a supercharged auto. All our trucks are manual trans.

Quote Originally Posted by UselessPickles View Post
    These stories of tuning troubles on the automatics makes me glad I have a manual
    X2 for me, but for my Dad at almost 68 Years old an auto was the better choice.

My dad's 13 JKU sport with auto trans has had a RIPP for several months and thousands of miles now. It has required several (2 hour each way) trips to get bugs straightened out. First tune was no good, nobody contacted us about the new one when it came available, we had to call and complain then they said " oh we have a new tune out that's bug- free". Also with the auto you have to remember there is a " lift to shift" while at full throttle where you have to completely remove your foot from the throttle for a second at the top of each gear or the trans won't shift for several seconds. It's not bouncing of the redline it just kills all power and let's the SC spool completely down. This was especially troublesome for my dad when attempting to pass on a 2 lane 55 mph road. We weren't advised of lift to shift method until the 4 the month of ownership. I'm glad that BB's experience has been flawless, but our experience has been anything but, with calls and emails never returned, tunes taking days to get returned( which means you can't even start you jeep), numerous extra expenses ( not too mention all the wasted gas and time), the last time it was in the shop 2.5 weeks. One of the most frustrating things was we traveled so far because that was the closest RIPP authorized dealer to our town, then having to listen to the blame game between ripp and their installer. I can only speak for my father and myself, but I would never buy from them again.
    Fist and foremost we are sorry for your experience. With over 4000 systems sold, your experience is in no way typical. That said, in the first page of the install instructions included with the system it states " Automatic Transmission: Auto Transmissions may not up shift at full throttle when driving in "D" (drive) mode, THIS IS a Direct product of OEM programming and not the provided tuning. In order to shift at full throttle, end users may either "lift to shift" by raising the accelerator slightly (partially).
    We did make a public announcement in all of the major Jeep forums, and all of our social media outlets (Facebook,twitter,instagram,tumbler ect) that a tune update was available and that all owners should update to the latest tune.
    Currently, all 3.6L Supercharger systems now come with a PRE PROGRAMED Diablosport I1000, which auto updates, when plugged into a PC with an internet connection, so there is no longer a wait for a tune to be emailed to the end user. The "Lift to shift " issue has also been addressed with the latest calibration, but some vehicle may need up to 2000 miles for the OEM adaptives to "learn". This is more the exception than the rule. We pride ourselves in our customer service and are sorry that we seem to have failed you in this.

Please Note this Email address ( ripptuning@gmail.com) as it should make any future technical issues or questions easier to address.

Quote Originally Posted by RIPPMODS View Post
    Fist and foremost we are sorry for your experience. With over 4000 systems sold, your experience is in no way typical. That said, in the first page of the install instructions included with the system it states " Automatic Transmission: Auto Transmissions may not up shift at full throttle when driving in "D" (drive) mode, THIS IS a Direct product of OEM programming and not the provided tuning. In order to shift at full throttle, end users may either "lift to shift" by raising the accelerator slightly (partially).
    We did make a public announcement in all of the major Jeep forums, and all of our social media outlets (Facebook,twitter,instagram,tumbler ect) that a tune update was available and that all owners should update to the latest tune.
    Currently, all 3.6L Supercharger systems now come with a PRE PROGRAMED Diablosport I1000, which auto updates, when plugged into a PC with an internet connection, so there is no longer a wait for a tune to be emailed to the end user. The "Lift to shift " issue has also been addressed with the latest calibration, but some vehicle may need up to 2000 miles for the OEM adaptives to "learn". This is more the exception than the rule. We pride ourselves in our customer service and are sorry that we seem to have failed you in this.

Please Note this Email address ( ripptuning@gmail.com) as it should make any future technical issues or questions easier to address.
    Deola, is your dad's truck up to date on updates? I hope this nips your problem.

As far as I know, I was outta service all day today, and work tomorrow. I can check on it Sunday. We had it tuned 3-4 weeks ago, so if the tune is newer than that then no, he doesn't have it.

As far as I know, I was outta service all day today, and work tomorrow. I can check on it Sunday. We had it tuned 3-4 weeks ago, so if the tune is newer than that then no, he doesn't have it.
    Lets get this right. Please keep in touch with us.

Quote Originally Posted by RIPPMODS View Post
    Lets get this right. Please keep in touch with us.
    I contacted the installer today, waiting to hear back from them.