Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Am i crazy or are these dyno charts from sprintex hard to understand?

Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    I looked at sprintex for a minute today. I need more test trucks. Manual trans 4.10 gearing preferred.

Anyone in the NJ area PM me if you want to get on the list for JL mods.
    I already contacted you on Facebook

One thing about the screw style superchargers is they develop a lot of boost right from the bottom and have both internal compression and almost no leakage past the rotors. They are almost a perfect storm. Lots of bottom end boost and they hang on at the top really well with great Adibatic Efficency, Meaning they turn less work into heat per pound of boost than a roots and almost but not quite the same as a Centrifugal. I did a lot of work on Keene Bell blown Ford motors some years back and Screw Blowers are the real deal. I do think that a turbo or a Ripp will beat it for pure power but for a nice fat torque curve it might be the fattest.

Isnt the mag also screw style? They look like screws. I think they call them lobes.

Sprintex has been around for quite some time. I saw their offerings when I was looking for my supercharger. Sprintex is an Australian company.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoinkers View Post
    Isnt the mag also screw style? They look like screws. I think they call them lobes.
    The rotor are vastly different. The screw rotors have a male and a female which have a a taper built into them which both compress the air but also trap it so back flow is negledgable.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
    The rotor are vastly different. The screw rotors have a male and a female which have a a taper built into them which both compress the air but also trap it so back flow is negledgable.
    That is interesting. The mag is a 4 lobe. So its different tech. I'd like to see the design up close, it looks like an SC rethought.

The sprintex is a screw style. Different from Magnuson.

It will be cool to see how it performs. Is there a dyno test coming? definatly news worthy.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    I looked at sprintex for a minute today. I need more test trucks. Manual trans 4.10 gearing preferred.

Anyone in the NJ area PM me if you want to get on the list for JL mods.
    JKR '13 ..... Check
    Manual ...... Check
    4.10....... Check
    NJ..... I lived in Baltimore up until a few months ago! Why didn't you do this then!!!!