Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    good video

Looking for an H rated 130 MPH 35" tire. BAJA TA's fit the bill but are 700 bucks each. I don't want to spin a 99 mph rated tire to 150.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
    Looking for an H rated 130 MPH 35" tire. BAJA TA's fit the bill but are 700 bucks each. I don't want to spin a 99 mph rated tire to 150.
    Thats a good question, I wouldn't even have thought about it. The last thing you need in that situation is a blow out.

Im looking for H-rated 35s now.

Man nice videos. I don't think I would have the balls to hit 100 mph offroad in my jeep. Been there on motorcycles and that scary as hell.
    2013 Wrangler JKU - Rock Lobster Red, Smittybilt SRC rear bumper and side steps; RR drop in reusable air filter; Quadratec floor liners; 285/75-16 Falken Rockey Mountain ATSII, Rebel Offroad grab handles and fire extinguisher holder.

Lots to figure out first. Air flow management thru the engine compartment. If the air starts backing up then inter cooler efficiency is going to fall way off. Also how to keep the air from hooking up under the fenders. Or do I want to run without them? The Smittybuilts are about the best aero ones I have seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
    Lots to figure out first. Air flow management thru the engine compartment. If the air starts backing up then inter cooler efficiency is going to fall way off. Also how to keep the air from hooking up under the fenders. Or do I want to run without them? The Smittybuilts are about the best aero ones I have seen.
    This is all crazy. You need pickles in your pit crew. He loooooves to calculate stuff. Might save your life.

Maybe something to hold your steering wheel straight while you do this? You do not want to turn at those speeds, and if you did have a blow out, the wheel dosent pull to a side and throw you into a roll.

How high is the suspension? you may want to reduce it.

Nope it's going to be a normal dirt jeep with a lift and some 35's. I've gone 200 in the dirt before testing our race car at ElMirage. It's going to do fine if I do my part. Yes it is dangerous but I have been racing most of my life. This is gonna be a blast.

Well guys. This is just not gonna happen with me. Tire MFG's don't want their tires run at speeds above their ratings. Legal problems. Second the Cage guys are concerned about the fact that if it blows a tire and rolls into a ball that their cages might get a bad rap if someone gets hurt. LastlyI have been talking to my wife and have promised her I will no longer try to do speed runs. I hope one of you guys pick up the baton and runs with it. This is the group to do it. I'm out. No supercharger and just back to crawling rocks.

maybe this is for the best. pushing these components past their designed levels of tolerance is asking for trouble.

You can still supercharge, just don't get nutty in the salt flats