Close

Hood Mounted Hi-Lift Jack Mount

I got this DIY from searching on the web. I did it and it works great. I'm not sure who the original designer was but I tried it and it works great. I would like to give credit where credit is due. This is not my design. I also do not have a rear bumper and I am running the factory tire carrier so I do not have a location to put my jack other than on the hood for now. I'm looking at a cage style tire carrier from GenRight or EVO so it will eventually get moved. I also will probably use EVO's rear frame D-ring mounts and not run a rear bumper. If anyone has had any of these products mentioned, please give us some pics and a review!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JM 1.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	83.7 KB 
ID:	1042

Name:	JM 2.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	84.1 KB 
ID:	1043

I also drilled out the bolt for a small lock:

Name:	JM 3.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	34.9 KB 
ID:	1044
    Last edited by WhiteRavenRR; 08-28-2014 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Added pic

does this make noise?

I've been interested in putting a jack here. Does it get in the way of your vision at all? How about putting the hood up, any problems there? I've also seen some jacks located on the top back bar so it stays inside nice and clean, keeps it from getting rusty. Wondering which might be a better option.
    2014 Jeep JKU Sahara, Manual - /OlllllllO\ - 4" Metal Cloak lift, 37" Toyo Open Country's on 20" XD Bully Rims, 4.56 Yukon gears, Mopar High Top Fenders, ARB Front Bull Bar Bumper, ARB Rear Bumper, Teraflex HD Tire Carrier, Teraflex Tire Carrier Accessory Mount, Twin Rotopax mount, Hi-Lift Jack mounted on front bumper, Reverse LED work lights, Warn 9.5ti winch, Synergy Drag Link, Trackbar Relocation Bracket, AMP Power Steps, JK1001 Radio, SpiderShade.

No it does not make any noise.

You can open the hood up to the normal height with prop rod but you cannot open it all the way even after removing the jack. With the jack out if the way, the bolts stick up to high to open all the way. I don't have any plans under the hood for the time being so it's not an issue. I will eventually move it to the tire carrier once I decide on which one I want to go with.

I've seen them mounted to the rear roll bar too but I cannot put it there since I run a Trektop NX. I don't have a hardtop so I'm limited with mounting things to the roll bar. I even had to redo my fire extinguisher mount to stay away from the inside of the windows.

I like mine on the hood. It's easy to grab when your trying to decide if you should use it. You know the moment when you should use it but decide not to because it's stuffed inside your jeep and all your shit is in the way so you don't bother and try the next best thing instead only to fuck something up. Plus for those of you that care, it gets a lot of attention there, people are alway asking me about it.

Mine is under the rear seat. slides in perfect, easy to get to.