Need to keep items in your Jeep? Have an animal (other than yourself) that you want to keep from jumping out? Hate to spend several hundred dollars on a cargo net when it could go to other products? Well then, look no further than creating your very own cargo net out of metal rings, bungee balls, and a crap-load of 550 paracord! Other handy items are a lighter for burning the ends of the paracord (to keep it from fraying), some really sharp scissors, and a small flat-head screwdriver (to help flatten out the ends while still hot to make them flush).

The good thing is that you can even create your own pattern and make each individual section as big or small as you like. You can even do it in any specific color to match over buying one that comes in the ever beautiful black. I, of course, chose black to go with the silver and black colors of my Jeep.

I started off with the back open space and placed my rings at the intervals I wanted and secured them with some bungee balls. I also used a bit of rope to help keep everything tight. I also did this very early in the morning while it was cool so I had my ever trusty Pittsburgh Steelers coffee cup filled with some strong coffee:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CG 1.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	38.1 KB 
ID:	1045

I then started with doing the outer edges and then the inner cross pieces:

Name:	CG 2.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	41.3 KB 
ID:	1046

I also outlined both sides. I worked with both on one side so they would be made very close to the same size and spacing. Once I started braiding I separated them to their respective sides so each was out of the way of the other.:

Name:	CG 3.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	47.1 KB 
ID:	1047

Name:	CG 4.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	35.4 KB 
ID:	1048