Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
So im driving unreasonably fast on the highway, like im known to do, Then the exit ramp is coming up....

I had to put on a down shifting clinic, which im also known to do... LOL

I hit a pot hole at the apex of the turn, and the steering wheel when nuts, shaking left and right violently. I could have sworn that I'd blown a tire.

I had to pull over and inspect the truck. Everything was in order.

Im assuming the stock steering stablizer is overwhelmed?

Ross, sounds like that's your first bout with DEATH WOBBLE. The two most obvious culprits are a loose or worn Tracbar and/or bad ball joints. After that the waters muddy. Make sure the Tracbar bolts are torqued to spec. Check to make sure the bushings are in good shape and the holes in the mounts are not out off round. I assume you have an aftermarket Tracbar but if not, given the stage of your build it's time anyway. Next, check for play in ball joints. You're "Jeeplab" so I'm betting you know how to do that. Of course if you still have the original factory ball joints it's likely time for an upgrade. The undeniable best bang-for-buck ballpoints are the synergy offerings...it's the only thing the whole internet agrees on.

If you don't find an obvious problem in one of those areas it may get harder to diagnose and isolate, but be assured, you do have a problem. It was not an isolated incident. It will happen again, and it will happen more frequently and more violently until you deal with it. If you wait, numerous occurrences will prematurely wear most every component in your front end.

Sorry bout it