Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Insane Jeep Audio JK1001

Anyone have one? Looks VERY interesting! If I can get approval from management I may be getting one sometime soon. Seems for a lot of people not having XM is a deal breaker, doesn't really matter to me. What I do like is having the ability to load offroad maps using some of the Android apps. Looks like it also comes with off road maps pre installed in their navigation package but being able to install android apps really opens things up.

http://goo.gl/ThffDE

Quote Originally Posted by DukeofJeep View Post
    Anyone have one? Looks VERY interesting! If I can get approval from management I may be getting one sometime soon. Seems for a lot of people not having XM is a deal breaker, doesn't really matter to me. What I do like is having the ability to load offroad maps using some of the Android apps. Looks like it also comes with off road maps pre installed in their navigation package but being able to install android apps really opens things up.

http://goo.gl/ThffDE
    What!!! That is AWESOME! I wonder if there is a chance they have auto-volume control built in. When the top and doors off, I'm adjusting volume constantly when I start and stop. I'm going to have to add this to my upgrade wish list now.
    2014 Jeep JKU Sahara, Manual - /OlllllllO\ - 4" Metal Cloak lift, 37" Toyo Open Country's on 20" XD Bully Rims, 4.56 Yukon gears, Mopar High Top Fenders, ARB Front Bull Bar Bumper, ARB Rear Bumper, Teraflex HD Tire Carrier, Teraflex Tire Carrier Accessory Mount, Twin Rotopax mount, Hi-Lift Jack mounted on front bumper, Reverse LED work lights, Warn 9.5ti winch, Synergy Drag Link, Trackbar Relocation Bracket, AMP Power Steps, JK1001 Radio, SpiderShade.

Oooh, I like this unit even more now!!!

Me to InSane peeps -> "Does your unit do auto-volume control?"

InSane Peeps -> "Thanks for your interest in Insane Audio’s JK1001!

With respect to the auto-volume control… that’s a good suggestion. One of the best things about the JK1001 is the fact that we built it on the Android operating system so it’s very easy to customize and add apps and such. One of the first things we’d suggest is to see if something already exists out there in the Google Play store. The last time we checked, there were something like 1.3 million apps out there… so I wouldn’t be surprised if one already existed!

Great suggestion and we’ll see ‘ya on the trail!"

So I checked the Google Play, and sure enough, there are tons of auto-volume control apps! Duh! This is an android powered head unit, I was thinking in the stone age, like MyGig 430N stone age.

So, who wants to buy a MyGig 430N unit for their rig, complete with NavTV? I just had one come up for sale. Any takers?
    2014 Jeep JKU Sahara, Manual - /OlllllllO\ - 4" Metal Cloak lift, 37" Toyo Open Country's on 20" XD Bully Rims, 4.56 Yukon gears, Mopar High Top Fenders, ARB Front Bull Bar Bumper, ARB Rear Bumper, Teraflex HD Tire Carrier, Teraflex Tire Carrier Accessory Mount, Twin Rotopax mount, Hi-Lift Jack mounted on front bumper, Reverse LED work lights, Warn 9.5ti winch, Synergy Drag Link, Trackbar Relocation Bracket, AMP Power Steps, JK1001 Radio, SpiderShade.

I want. That is the best looking aftermarket radio. Love the features. They should make it marine grade to avoid water issues.
    2013 Wrangler JKU - Rock Lobster Red, Smittybilt SRC rear bumper and side steps; RR drop in reusable air filter; Quadratec floor liners; 285/75-16 Falken Rockey Mountain ATSII, Rebel Offroad grab handles and fire extinguisher holder.

how is it for nav traffic? I feel like my 720 used to be awsome, now not so good.

Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    how is it for nav traffic? I feel like my 720 used to be awsome, now not so good.
    720 is WAY worse than the 430N for that. You should buy mine ;-)

Insane Jeep Audio JK1001

Not sure how it is regarding traffic but I did ask and they told me it has live traffic, you can also subscribe to traffic cameras and upgrade point data for pretty cheap. Didn't see a manual for the JK1001 but did see a Nav manual for the TJ1001 which I believe has the same functions, looks sweet.

http://www.insanejeepaudio.com/Insan...ion_Manual.pdf
    Last edited by DukeofJeep; 09-06-2014 at 04:18 PM.

Insane Jeep Audio JK1001

Ok I skimmed over the nav manual and jeez, this thing really looks great! Can't wait till 4wheel parts gets one in!

This stuff always has me not so sure. slap a few cool features together for a sales pitch, but living with it day in and day out will really tell the story.

It would have to be incredible for me to rip out my 720, that was a 1700 dollar option.

And no one tell Pete (sweet pea) because I MADE him get the 720.

I hear ya, I Have the 720 but find it to be junk and more frustrating each day. It is definitely an option I should have NOT gone for. I am trying to find some reviews but so far nothing coming up, there should be some soon there is a 500+ post thread on their Facebook page. I am either replacing my 720 with this or another aftermarket deck, I have been looking at the 8000NEX and DNN991HD.
    Last edited by DukeofJeep; 09-07-2014 at 09:43 PM.