Quote Originally Posted by 40inchDozer View Post
So my driverside front power window started to act up about 2 months ago. Worked going up but was acting up when I wanted the window down. So I delt wirh this for 2 months now but now it doesnt want to go down. And if for some reasonbi do get it downnthe up works perfect. Im thinking the switch might be bad .I have looked for a pin fit in the connector and the motor works so the switch seems like a good spot to start. What does everyone think???
Hmmm... If it were me, and I thought the driver side switch was faulty, I would take off the drivers side door, go mount it on the passenger side (yes, it will look funky since the door will have to be opened at 90 degree angle and the outside of the door will be facing the inside) and then I'd plug the connector in to the passenger side connector and try the window. I'm like 90% sure the drivers side and passenger side connectors are identical, so this should work and rule out if the switch itself is bad. If memory serves (since I JUST put my doors back on) I believe you need a size 35 star bit for the two bolts on the door.

Here's another option. Go find another JK'r and ask them "mind if I borrow your window switch for a second?" and pop that sucker out and put it in your rig real quick and try the windows. If you haven't popped the switch out before, it is stupid simple, just grab the center part of it and pull, then flip the little (I believe red) toggle on the connector and pull the connector apart, and put the new one in. This option is honestly easier than taking the door off, but does require you to have a friend. If you don't have a friend, drive around town and find some hot chick driving a JK and use it as a pick-up line "hey, my Jeep is getting all hot and steamy because I can't roll down my windows. Mind if I test something out using a part from your Jeep?"