Close

DIY mirror mounts

Well couple weeks ago decided I needed some mirrors and a way to mount them. Didn't want to spend $60.00 on a set that wouldn't be used all that much as my wife is against the doors coming off. So after doing some research I decided to get some cheap motorcycle mirrors off of ebay and make some mounts from a gate hinge.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	033923003964lg.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	24.5 KB 
ID:	1121 http://www.lowes.com/pd_64172-1277-9...r|1&facetInfo=

From there I cut the ends off of the hinge leaving one bolt hole and a part of where the pin goes through. I didn't cut the straightest, but I was using a cheap vise and hacksaw. Cleaned them up and shot them with spray can bed liner. Picked up some stainless steel hardware and there you have it, I also had some rubber gasket material from another project and placed it behind the mirror brackets. Total investment mirrors hing and bed liner which I purchased for other projects less than $25.00.

2013 Wrangler JKU - Rock Lobster Red, Smittybilt SRC rear bumper and side steps; RR drop in reusable air filter; Quadratec floor liners; 285/75-16 Falken Rockey Mountain ATSII, Rebel Offroad grab handles and fire extinguisher holder.

Nicely done. I like the DIY section!

Genius. Well done

Thank you, is there a DIY section of the forum? Should one be started?
    2013 Wrangler JKU - Rock Lobster Red, Smittybilt SRC rear bumper and side steps; RR drop in reusable air filter; Quadratec floor liners; 285/75-16 Falken Rockey Mountain ATSII, Rebel Offroad grab handles and fire extinguisher holder.