Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Artec Axle Armor

We caught up with Artie from Artec.

They make the smartest designed axle armor for the jeep jk. We have their front and rear full armor kits installed on Black Betty.

No sleeves. You dont need them with the artec system.
    Last edited by JeepLab; 02-23-2014 at 05:13 PM.

This really is the only game in town when it comes to axle armor,

the parts build a cage on the axles when you weld the truss on. Once you get it on there, the axle is pretty much bullet proof.

Looks cool too.

The best part is that dosent break the bank in comparison to the cost of a new axle.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexx19 View Post
    This really is the only game in town when it comes to axle armor,

the parts build a cage on the axles when you weld the truss on. Once you get it on there, the axle is pretty much bullet proof.

Looks cool too.

The best part is that dosent break the bank in comparison to the cost of a new axle.
    Couldnt have said it better. And our trucks have them front and rear. Betty and Jesse's Girl

Here's the moab ejs Artec video

Last edited by JeepLab; 02-23-2014 at 05:13 PM.

Here is some shots of our Artec Axle Armor

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Artec front truss.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	97.1 KB 
ID:	241

Name:	Artec Rear Truss (2).jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	92.9 KB 
ID:	242

Name:	artec rear truss.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	75.1 KB 
ID:	243

Shot of the lincoln electric welder used in installation

Name:	artec truss rear weld.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	92.1 KB 
ID:	244

We should weld one of these kits to some pipe and do some crazy tests to see if we can bend it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    We should weld one of these kits to some pipe and do some crazy tests to see if we can bend it.
    I doubt you could bend a tube at all with this armor on it. I just don't think it could be done safely!

I just ordered a set for myself after reading all good things. I don't think there is another kit anywhere that is as complete? This picture just gets me going every time I see it. I'll post some pics when I get my install done.

Can you let us know what the install costs as well? Don't forget LCA skids as well.

Will do Pete. The front armor kit is a bit more involved than the rear truss kit and therefore it costs a bit more to put in, but not too much. I'm working with an off-road shop near me that does all kinds of custom fabrication and welding from basic to rock buggies. They said the welding would be no problem. I should know in a few days.

I'm not sure its 100% necessary, but they were concerned about internal heat with the e-locker and internal wiring with a rubicon's electromagnetic system to go from open to full spool on 12v only.

So the shop doing my install plans to be especially careful with and around the wiring.

Quote Originally Posted by Snarf77 View Post
    Will do Pete. The front armor kit is a bit more involved than the rear truss kit and therefore it costs a bit more to put in, but not too much. I'm working with an off-road shop near me that does all kinds of custom fabrication and welding from basic to rock buggies. They said the welding would be no problem. I should know in a few days.

I'm not sure its 100% necessary, but they were concerned about internal heat with the e-locker and internal wiring with a rubicon's electromagnetic system to go from open to full spool on 12v only.

So the shop doing my install plans to be especially careful with and around the wiring.
    Nate from RK welded our rear truss on in a matter of minutes. I swore my gears were soup he was done so fast.

When I asked if he melted the gears, he laughed at me.

If it was at someone other shop and not Rock Krawler, I would have made him open the differential and show me. LOL

At RK you know the guys know what they are doing.