Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Snarf77 View Post
    I concur, these aren't terribly heavy and the benefits are tremendous. Both of mine came in one box and I was able to pick it up easily (was prepared for something heavy). I'm pretty sure that the welds give it the necessary strength.
    Those holes do too. The holes throughout the flat pieces are not flat, They are pressed. and make it rigid.

Just a shot of my front Artec kit and Ballistic Fabrication Diff Cover, metalcloak gamechanger arms.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-03-08 15.48.25.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	440

I need to see this thing flex up close.

We are going to have to take her off road.....Keep a close eye on your keys.....

Quote Originally Posted by Snarf77 View Post
    Just a shot of my front Artec kit and Ballistic Fabrication Diff Cover, metalcloak gamechanger arms.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-03-08 15.48.25.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	440
    This might be the prettiest axle I've ever seen. The gold bars, skull on the diff cover... swoon.

Im going to give snarf a run for his money.

At the end of this month, Im going back to Rock Krawler to do a 3 link front and rear. Then Im going to POR15 every surface under the truck.

Ill also be showing off a new artec bracket on the rear truss for the RK 3 link.

So are the "dimple dies" all BS?

I was reading that they can actually make the steel weaker.

Have we got a final on this?

Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    Im going to give snarf a run for his money.

At the end of this month, Im going back to Rock Krawler to do a 3 link front and rear. Then Im going to POR15 every surface under the truck.
    Just realize that the POR15 effort is much more intense than the 3 link conversion. You should start a POR-15 thread. In my previous life/s as a Fiat enthusiast I'm all too familiar with the prep work essential to POR-15 function. It is extensive!

Looking forward to that three link.

This girl was POR-15'd inside and under.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoinkers View Post
    So are the "dimple dies" all BS?

I was reading that they can actually make the steel weaker.

Have we got a final on this?
    You wouldnt dimple die structural parts, but you would do it with sheet metal. It takes something floppy and makes it stiff.

People talk about sleeves and gussets, and trusses, And Im on board with all that... Except the sleeves.

Ive never understood sleeving the axle. The artec truss makes it so you dont need to sleeve. If you did want to beef the axle up itself, yukon makes a chromoly axle, that is guaranteed not to break. If you can break it, they send a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    People talk about sleeves and gussets, and trusses, And Im on board with all that... Except the sleeves.

Ive never understood sleeving the axle. The artec truss makes it so you dont need to sleeve. If you did want to beef the axle up itself, yukon makes a chromoly axle, that is guaranteed not to break. If you can break it, they send a new one.
    Axle sleeves are pretty cheap, maybe 15-20% the cost of the yukon axles? I'd kill for a set of yukons but sleeves can't hurt for the budget conscious.