Close

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    After fabricating the tubes each was washed out with hot soapy water and then blown dry with an air compressor. The lines run behind the supercharger and along the firewall. The last few inches is rubber hose and clamps.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0266.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	96.8 KB 
ID:	1270

Next we'll see what we "catch." I post pics in a few days/week after the can has had time to work.

is there a chance it wont catch anything?

I was under the impression that its a vapor, and if you drive long distance, it wont condense, but running to the grocery store it will.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoinkers View Post
    is there a chance it wont catch anything?

I was under the impression that its a vapor, and if you drive long distance, it wont condense, but running to the grocery store it will.
    We'll see. It's not all vapor. Oil droplets get caught up in the vacuum and sucked through the line. The Pentastars do have a line of defense from the factory. there is a centrifuge driven by the right side cams. As it spins it separates oil from the vapor. But its not that effective and not designed for forced induction. Let's see what a week of driving gets us?

Sorry, I should have drawn the arrows the way the PCV flows like this.

Name:	IMG_02642.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	94.5 KB 
ID:	1271

I RECEIVED INFORMATION FROM MAGNUSON TODAY THAT IS IMPORTANT FOR MAG OWNERS!! For those of us having the surging issue Magnuson has a new tune that improves things. To get the new tune you need to install some new parts. I just spoke with sales and gave them my info. The customer service/tech folks are going to call me to give me details on what parts are coming and what the procedures are. I's say that this is included in "Magnuson Supercharger Clean-up" so I'll be posting progress, pics and results. Of course, I plan on updating hardware and software per Magnuson before I head for a dyno and a custom tune.

BTW - drive-ability has improved with the catch can installed.

Spoke with Magnuson again today. The update to the SC is a new bypass actuator with a lighter spring that operates more consistently. Then there's a new tune that addresses air/fuel to correct the surging. Parts are supposed to be on the way to me overnight and I will try to install tomorrow evening. If not, then Thursday.

has mag put up press release? or are you breaking new ground on this?

Quote Originally Posted by FLIPmeOVER View Post
    has mag put up press release? or are you breaking new ground on this?
    No press release that I've seen. I looked all over. I have been checking periodically at Magnuson for updates. I heard they stopped selling over the summer and then started again. So, I figured they must have made a breakthrough. When I check back I learned that prior purchasers will get updated bypass under warranty and then a new tune. I'm posting to try to her the word out.

Sorry if this is a thread hijack. I'm replying because you mentioned the new hardware to eliminate surging. I've had the Magnuson on my 3.6 for about 3 weeks. I ordered it the end of June and didn't receive it until about 3 weeks ago because I was waiting for Magnuson to start shipping them out again. I guess I have the new lighter spring and tune because I don't have any surging.

I still have problems with the auto transmission shifts though. The transmission tends to stay in gear longer and my rpms climb higher before it shifts. I can force an up shift by lifting off the throttle or manually shifting. It is livable, but can be annoying. My only real complaint is that I was expecting the extra torque to allow me to stay in overdrive for longer periods of time on the highway instead of downshifting. The opposite has actually happened.

When I'm going up small inclines where my transmission stayed in overdrive at about 65 mph prior to the supercharger install, now it drops down to 4th and stays in 4th for quite a while unless I force it into overdrive. I seem to be fighting with the transmission because it keeps dropping into 4th. Magnuson says Diablo is still working on trying to get the auto transmission to shift better. I understand that my jeep is heavier and bigger than their test jeeps, so I expected some issues, but I was hoping the extra torque would push me into my seat and hold a gear instead of downshifting one or two gears before it started taking off.

Here is my 2012 Jeep on 40's with 5.13 gears, D60 front axle and D80 rear axle.

Name:	Magnuson SC1.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	93.9 KB 
ID:	1304

Name:	Magnuson SC2.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	1305

Name:	Magnuson SC.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	96.0 KB 
ID:	1306
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Magnuson SC0.jpg  

Welcome Bo9roadking!

Hijack any thread you want buddy! We are happy to have you.