Close

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    I ordered my catch can today.
    Changed my oil today. Emptied my catch can.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0274.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	83.1 KB 
ID:	1323Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0275.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	81.9 KB 
ID:	1324

is that 3000 miles worth of oil?

how much would be considered a problem?

Quote Originally Posted by FLIPmeOVER View Post
    is that 3000 miles worth of oil?

how much would be considered a problem?
    That's about 1,000 miles of driving at the end of a 4,500 mile change. Problem? Don't know but I don't want the oil in my intake.

I emailed Magnuson last week about any updates on the auto tune. I received this response that could be promising:

"I just spoke with my tuner and after working with another shop, they may have found something that will help. They will be doing further testing next week and if they are happy with it, we will get you an updated calibration to try."

I'm crossing my fingers that this new tune is an improvement because my daily driver jeep has been relegated to setting in the garage and only comes out when I go to jeep events now.

Quote Originally Posted by bo9roadking View Post
    I emailed Magnuson last week about any updates on the auto tune. I received this response that could be promising:

"I just spoke with my tuner and after working with another shop, they may have found something that will help. They will be doing further testing next week and if they are happy with it, we will get you an updated calibration to try."

I'm crossing my fingers that this new tune is an improvement because my daily driver jeep has been relegated to setting in the garage and only comes out when I go to jeep events now.
    That's great news! Keep us informed.

I ordered MB AMG blue top solenoids for our NAG-1 trans. I'll post the install (which I'll have a shop do). I'll report on any performance improvements. The AMG blue tops increase shift speed and firmness.

Received an email from Magnuson today. Apparently their test jeep for tunes was stock. They are putting a lift and larger tires on it to do further tune testing. I was asked to check back with them in a couple of weeks if I don't hear back from them first.

Going to take my jeep out for some rock crawling this weekend for the first time since the SC was installed. My jeep has been on the road a bit driving around town and on the highway, but it hasn't been driven much because I'm waiting on a better tune that is more friendly with the transmission. I'll post back on how the SC does crawling.

what did the stainless hoses cost? and the bender?

how do you cut them? Metal blade on a sawzall?

Quote Originally Posted by Rexx19 View Post
    what did the stainless hoses cost? and the bender?

how do you cut them? Metal blade on a sawzall?
    Stainless tubing was about 40.00. Bender was expensive - around 200.00.

cut the tubing with tubing cutter - plumbing tool.

Contacted Magnuson this week about a new tune. I was originally told that a new tune would be available in about two weeks after their test jeep got a lift and larger tires installed. I don't know if that was two weeks from my email or two weeks after the jeep had the larger tires installed. Since more than two weeks have passed, I emailed Magnuson for an update. Magnuson's response was that everyone is at SEMA and nobody is available to work on the tune right now. I understand Magnuson going to SEMA, but I don't understand why the Diablo tuner would need to be at SEMA. Why can't he/she work on the tune unless Magnuson took their test jeep to the show.

I'm starting to get a little frustrated with this whole affair. Am I wrong to think that when a manufacturer advertises something, that it has been fully tested and should work? I see videos of people's jeeps with a Magnuson installed that are burning rubber to demonstrate the power, but when I ask a question about problems, I don't get a response. Mine will burn rubber in a parking lot, but the daily driving is something else. Even Magnuson had a jeep on a dyno that was posted on their Facebook page. They were going to announce the hp/tq numbers and post the dyno chart. I commented on the post that I'm interested in the results and asked if the transmission shift issues would be resolved, but then the entire post disappeared. Nothing was posted about the dyno.