Close

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Well that sucks.

busch leauge.

Id ask for a date to receive a corrected tune, or a refund. these things are too expensive to play around.

Still no new tune? I am interested in what they are going to do about this issue.

Emailed Magnuson last week and got a new tune. Put about 200 miles on it. Engine seems to be a little peppier, but the auto transmission is still having the same shift issues.

Since I can manually upshift if I don't want to run higher rpms around town, that seems to be a solution for now. My main issue that I can't work around is highway driving between 65-70 mph. Unless I'm on level ground, my transmission won't stay in overdrive. It likes to downshift on any incline and hold 4th gear for an extended amount of time unless I manually upshift. There are some places on my commute to work that I leave it in 4th gear and deal with the higher rpms because manually upshifting to overdrive only results in the transmission dropping back down to 4th gear on its own. If I were to manually upshift again, it would yo-yo back down to 4th again on its own.

I like the additional power, but paying premium fuel prices, losing about 2 mpg, and an auto transmission that can't make up its mind when to shift is frustrating. Magnuson gave me the impression that Diablo was trying to resolve the transmission issue, but they have no idea when/if it will get resolved. If you don't drive your Jeep on the highway a lot, this is a great setup for the money. It really shines when I need the power while rock crawling. If you drive on the highway, you will have to live with only partial use of overdrive, higher rpms, more drivetrain wear because of the higher rpms, and less than stellar mileage because of the higher rpms. Would I do it again knowing what I know now? No. I'd either wait until this gets resolved or save your money for a V8 swap.