Close

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Gbaughman it sounds like you have found some promising options for the auto. I like the idea of an add-on TCU that integrates with the factory TCU if it works. I want an Atlas 4 speed transfer case, but the factory TCU only supports one 4L gear ratio which means it only supports a 2 speed transfer case. If the add-on TCU would support a second gear ratio, I could opt for the 4 speed instead of the 2 speed transfer case. The transfer case is not happening this year, so I have time for the add-on TCU to get fully developed.

My main concern is getting the auto transmission to shift better and hold the overdrive gear on the highway. Thanks gbaughman for staying on top of this. I'm in agreement with you on wanting a solution for the auto now instead of some time in the future when Magnuson can fit jeep owners in their schedule. They never should have marketed this SC until the auto worked similar to stock. I'm going to search RIPP forum threads to see if the auto is resolved with the RIPP install or they are experiencing the same problem.

I still drive my jeep, but it is no longer my daily driver like it was prior to the SC install. Until my auto works better, I won't be driving it everyday and definitely not on the highway as often. I've had the SC installed for over 5 weeks and I still haven't received an update on when another tune might be coming out to solve the auto shifting issues.

I don't have a positive feeling on when the next tune will be available because when I bought the SC in June, Magnuson had stopped shipping them. I was told Magnuson was working with Diablo on a tune for the auto before they started shipping them out again and that it would be ready in about a week. I bought the SC based upon that information. Instead of calling after a week, I waited 2 weeks and called Magnuson to find out when the tune would be ready. I was told the tune was still in the works and it was going to take another week. After several more weeks passed, I called Magnuson again and was told a new tune was ready and they shipped my SC in September. The one week time line to work the new tune took more than 2 months.

I installed the SC with the tune and the auto never shifted the same after that. Magnuson has been good at replying to my emails, but they are at the mercy of Diablo to get the tune done and they don't have any updates on when the next tune will be available because they don't have control of tuning the auto's TCU. I know Magnuson will get it resolved, but nobody knows how long it will take.

I'm also wondering after gbaughman made the hardware changes with the bypass that were already installed on my SC, if the SC produces less power now or if the power doesn't start coming on until higher in the rpm range? Did the auto shift better prior to making the change to the bypass except for surging issues with the cruise control? I'd be willing to live with surging and not use my cruise control than live with no overdrive.

This is why i bought a manual way less headaches on a serious note tho instead of paying 5k to upgrade a light duty tranny why not swap in a 4l80e chevy tranny with a stand alone and be able to have a meduim to heavy duty auto with the option to build and tune to any extent

I ordered my catch can today.

Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    I ordered my catch can today.
    Changed my oil today. Emptied my catch can.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0274.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	83.1 KB 
ID:	1323Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0275.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	81.9 KB 
ID:	1324

Magnuson Supercharger Clean Up

It really seems to me that magnuson released a kit that isnt ready to be released yet. Im not favoriting any kit just because i have the ripp kit, but it seems like they the most dialed in kit on the market for the 3.6 so far

This is all soooo complicated. My head is spinning.

is that 3000 miles worth of oil?

how much would be considered a problem?

Quote Originally Posted by FLIPmeOVER View Post
    is that 3000 miles worth of oil?

how much would be considered a problem?
    That's about 1,000 miles of driving at the end of a 4,500 mile change. Problem? Don't know but I don't want the oil in my intake.

I emailed Magnuson last week about any updates on the auto tune. I received this response that could be promising:

"I just spoke with my tuner and after working with another shop, they may have found something that will help. They will be doing further testing next week and if they are happy with it, we will get you an updated calibration to try."

I'm crossing my fingers that this new tune is an improvement because my daily driver jeep has been relegated to setting in the garage and only comes out when I go to jeep events now.

Quote Originally Posted by bo9roadking View Post
    I emailed Magnuson last week about any updates on the auto tune. I received this response that could be promising:

"I just spoke with my tuner and after working with another shop, they may have found something that will help. They will be doing further testing next week and if they are happy with it, we will get you an updated calibration to try."

I'm crossing my fingers that this new tune is an improvement because my daily driver jeep has been relegated to setting in the garage and only comes out when I go to jeep events now.
    That's great news! Keep us informed.

I ordered MB AMG blue top solenoids for our NAG-1 trans. I'll post the install (which I'll have a shop do). I'll report on any performance improvements. The AMG blue tops increase shift speed and firmness.