Close

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    It looks like they had a crazy time testing those tires. Looks like they drove through everything but lava.

This tire may be the new tire standard. I feel like the market wants more aggressive all terrains.

The mud terrains look cool, but 5k miles in, they will start to sing. And if thats not your cup of tea, it will make you hate your ride.

MT = loud, not great traction, look great

Up to now

AT = Quiet, great traction, look boring

New BFG KO2

Should be - Quiet, great traction, look great. Thats a good combo. The duratrac does this also, but the sidewall is suspect, and you have to stay at a 34'' tire.

I hope these are quiet!

Quote Originally Posted by Yoinkers View Post
    It looks like they had a crazy time testing those tires. Looks like they drove through everything but lava.

This tire may be the new tire standard. I feel like the market wants more aggressive all terrains.

The mud terrains look cool, but 5k miles in, they will start to sing. And if thats not your cup of tea, it will make you hate your ride.

MT = loud, not great traction, look great

Up to now

AT = Quiet, great traction, look boring

New BFG KO2

Should be - Quiet, great traction, look great. Thats a good combo. The duratrac does this also, but the sidewall is suspect, and you have to stay at a 34'' tire.

I hope these are quiet!
    They dropped one from 10,000 feet and then drove away on it. Crazy stuff. I cant wait to see how they hold up offroad. Im sure they will be champs.

I hope there side walls are that tough. I had BFG rugged terrains on my ram and my plastic culvert cut the inside sidewall, made me very leery of BFG products. I do like the sidewall look.
    2013 Wrangler JKU - Rock Lobster Red, Smittybilt SRC rear bumper and side steps; RR drop in reusable air filter; Quadratec floor liners; 285/75-16 Falken Rockey Mountain ATSII, Rebel Offroad grab handles and fire extinguisher holder.

I've had really good experiences with my BFGs. The stock ones on my jeep held up well running at 10-12psi over sharp rocks. My KM2s hold up well at 10-12psi. If these are an improvement over that, or the same I would be pleased. I'm honestly reaady for improved wear characteristics vs. my KM2s. Fact is I have to drive 90 miles to the trail..that adds up to road wear.

Im waiting to see if they make a 38 that will fit on a 17 inch rim. That would be my first choice.

Squeeze a little more cruising speed out of these 4.56 gears.

Otherwise it will be a 37x12.5r17 that betty will end up wearing. I cant wait to test them in the ice this winter.

Grabbed this info from another forum, the quote is from Discount Tire

"BFG will release their new All-Terrain T/A KO2 in two phases. Phase one(1) is scheduled for November 2014
    and phase two(2) is scheduled for March and April 2015."Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tapatalk_1411609992425.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	21.9 KB 
ID:	1258

Quote Originally Posted by DukeofJeep View Post

"BFG will release their new All-Terrain T/A KO2 in two phases. Phase one(1) is scheduled for November 2014
    and phase two(2) is scheduled for March and April 2015."Click image for larger version. 

Nice find. Looks like our 37s are phase II..top of the food chain. Nothing larger yet.

Looks like if I want to run 37s I will have to bump up to 17" rims. SMH

Quote Originally Posted by DukeofJeep View Post

Urgh, no 37x13.5R20?
    2014 Jeep JKU Sahara, Manual - /OlllllllO\ - 4" Metal Cloak lift, 37" Toyo Open Country's on 20" XD Bully Rims, 4.56 Yukon gears, Mopar High Top Fenders, ARB Front Bull Bar Bumper, ARB Rear Bumper, Teraflex HD Tire Carrier, Teraflex Tire Carrier Accessory Mount, Twin Rotopax mount, Hi-Lift Jack mounted on front bumper, Reverse LED work lights, Warn 9.5ti winch, Synergy Drag Link, Trackbar Relocation Bracket, AMP Power Steps, JK1001 Radio, SpiderShade.

Betty's got KO-2s!! I've seen it on Instagram. Ross, how do they drive. I love the look on the PM Forged wheels. I'm going to be doing lot's of burnouts with the new hemi to wear out my KOs so I have a reason to change tires. Are those 37s? Please say they drive nicely.