[QUOTE=JeepLab;3125]So let me know if I get this right.

SC + AUTO + 35s + 4.10 gearing = highway passing in 4rd gear?

SC + AUTO + 35s + 4.56 gearing = highway passing in 3rd gear?

Now, this all brings further questioning

1. Is your speedo calibrated perfectly?

2. What is the RPM you cruise at if doing 80mph?

baumann, Ive read your posts a bunch of times now trying to get clear about how to help the OP in this thread. Since you have the auto with the mag and we dont, your experience above ours in this case because of your AUTO transmission.[QUOTE=JeepLab;3125]

OK.

SC + AUTO + 35s + 4.10 gearing = highway passing (65 mph to 80 mph) in 3rd gear. I use auto-man to go to 3rd and that lets me get the throttle open enough to get boost up. 4th gear is problematic when passing. Even in auto-man if I pass in 4th gear the trans will downshift when accelerator is depressed beyond a certain point. It won't stay in 4th. The downshift from 4th sometimes jumps two gears to 2nd! That's not safe for me or the motor. So to stay safe I go to 3rd. Yes, I can pass in 4th but it takes much more distance and not at all uphill. Again, there is probably more power available in 4th gear but I can't access it because opening the throttle enough to close the SC bypass and get into full boost will cause an unwanted downshift. I'm thinking that 4.56s will get rpms up in 4th a bit and reduce the downshifting. A better solution would be to get access to the transmission side of the PCM and reprogram automatic trans shift-points and keep my 4.10s. But I hear that's not going to happen for a long time if ever based on how difficult it is to crack Chrysler's PCM transmission programming.e

I'll record my rpms at 80 today and report back.