Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Performance Machine Truck Wheels

Yep gbaumann suggested them.... I couldnt resist.

Something about a set of wheels that NO ONE has....yet.

If you know motorcycles, you probably know performance machine. They have an extensive line of motorcycle wheels, each is its own work of art. Now they are starting truck wheels, and they have only a few options available, but the assortment of motorcycle wheels, leads one to believe this is a company to watch for innovations in truck wheels in the future.

Here is some cool stuff of theirs....

PM Truck Wheels come in 3 options.

Chrome, Contrast cut, or Black Ops.

Chrome, is obviously chrome.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pm truck wheels 4.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	77.3 KB 
ID:	1272

Contrast cut, is black powder coated and then the design is cut into the wheel. So you will see the edge of bare metal, against the black.

Name:	PM truck wheels 3.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	67.3 KB 
ID:	1273

Black ops, is a black anodized style. It features, gloss black sections, and also matte black sections. not because of a different color, matte vs. gloss, its because of the texture of the wheel under the anodizing.

Name:	PM truck wheels2.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	60.9 KB 
ID:	1274

all are super cool, tell me what you think!

OMG!

Is BB going to wear these? Are we picking which?

I think the alternate space on the Heathen looks suspiciously like the Jeep Lab beaker. I say call 'em up and have them custom cut you a set with the logo and name them Dr. Jeckyll. And you're the one and only customer allowed go buy them.

Name:	PM-HEATHEN-cc-forged-truck-wheel-zoom2.jpg 
Size:	99.3 KB 
ID:	1275

Quote Originally Posted by gbaumann View Post
    I think the alternate space on the Heathen looks suspiciously like the Jeep Lab beaker. I say call 'em up and have them custom cut you a set with the logo and name them Dr. Jeckyll. And you're the one and only customer allowed go buy them.

Total X2 on this. Betty with custom flasks in the wheel. Awsome. They would have to be the last wheels BB ever wears.

Saw the facebook post and got here as fast as I could!

gbaumann said they were $800! They are SIIIIICK! weight? (i know they must be light. BB has an eating anorexia!)

Whats the style that we should expect?

if they are not picked yet...Im going to totally go against everyone else and say GET CHROME!

Everyone will say get contrast cut im sure.

Chrome might be heavier...?

Quote Originally Posted by gbaumann View Post

That would be cool, Maybe in the future, custom cutting will become an option. In a video you can see the PM guys testing the wheels with machines bashing them while they spin, so I'd guess that they have to test every design to that standard. So it would be a pain to test each design that way. And expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by FLIPmeOVER View Post
    Saw the facebook post and got here as fast as I could!

gbaumann said they were $800! They are SIIIIICK! weight? (i know they must be light. BB has an eating anorexia!)

Whats the style that we should expect?

if they are not picked yet...Im going to totally go against everyone else and say GET CHROME!

Everyone will say get contrast cut im sure.

Chrome might be heavier...?
    The wheels weigh 29 lbs. They are 17x9s with 4.5" backspace.

They will fit BB's new steering components. We are about to enter the last level of suspension.... Until JP at RK dreams something new up.

Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post

Name:	PM truck wheels2.jpg 
Size:	60.9 KB 
ID:	1274
    BFG KM2 sighting! great minds....

Quote Originally Posted by FLIPmeOVER View Post

this guy got it right. You want to do something unexpected with a prototype wheel no one's seen? get it in chrome. old skool!

they really all look great. Those contrast cut "heathens" may be the most beautiful wheel ive ever seen, but im not sure that level of beauty belongs in the mud and rocks that you guys are going to put it through.

That race style would look great. And the chrome with the matte machined areas will draw a crowd i bet. People have seen the cutting a black wheel to show the base metal, its cool but not ground breaking. No one has ever seen a chrome wheel "contrast cut".

The chrome will be tougher than powder coat also. So if you grind it against stuff...and with 17x9s... you will hit the rim.