Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Betty Gets Armed and Dangerous....GUNNERFAB!

You guessed it from the title. Guns!

Got a trail rig for hunting? Want to keep your guns in order? This is how to do it.

Gunnerfab makes gun mounts for the Jeep Jk. The gunnerfab people are real fabricators. I'll post some shots of trucks they have built. Really cool stuff. In this thread I'm going to install the center mount for the JK back seat, and a pair of hand gun mounts in the front.

before i get to the stuff in my box, i wanted to show you a mount that I didn't get.

Its the door mount. It is mounted where you JK door would be when your doors are off. In NJ I'd never be able to drive with this, as I'm sure I'd be pulled over, and arrested.

But it was what caught my attention so I wanted to show it to you.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gunnerfab door mount.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	50.9 KB 
ID:	1278Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gunnerfab door mount 2.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	90.9 KB 
ID:	1279Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gunnerfab door mount 3.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	75.3 KB 
ID:	1280Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gunnerfab door mount 4.jpg 
Size:	83.9 KB 
ID:	1281Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gunnerfab door mount 5.jpg 
Size:	26.0 KB 
ID:	1282

These are the ones I do have and will install.

First the gunnerfab center mount. This sits in the backseat and holds 2 rifes or shotguns.

Name:	Gunnerfab center mount.jpg 
Size:	47.8 KB 
ID:	1283Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gunnerfab center mount3.jpg 
Size:	56.8 KB 
ID:	1284

Then Im going to put in 2 pistol mounts.

One is the static pistol mount that bolts down -

Name:	Gunnerfab pistol mount.jpg 
Size:	40.6 KB 
ID:	1285

and the second is the clamp style, where you can pull it off and move it from car to car. Thats a feature I like a lot.

Name:	Gunnerfab clamp.jpg 
Size:	48.7 KB 
ID:	1286

Betty Gets Armed and Dangerous....GUNNERFAB!

nice preparing for the apocalypse.
    2013 Wrangler JKU - Rock Lobster Red, Smittybilt SRC rear bumper and side steps; RR drop in reusable air filter; Quadratec floor liners; 285/75-16 Falken Rockey Mountain ATSII, Rebel Offroad grab handles and fire extinguisher holder.

That stuff is cool, can you strip the holster from the mount if you want to get incognito about it?

Or is the pistol mount all one piece?

Quote Originally Posted by Rexx19 View Post
    That stuff is cool, can you strip the holster from the mount if you want to get incognito about it?

Or is the pistol mount all one piece?
    Holster comes right off. If you had to move your gun in a hurry, you could.

So I tried to mount the "Clamp" holster mount in the JK. I didn't have much success. Could you get it on the cup holder? maybe.

What I wanted was a door space for it. My JK only had a net in the spot I wanted to mount the clamp.

I like the clamp because you can change it from one vehicle to another. Most cars and trucks have door pockets that are hard plastic. I have a Hemi Ram 1500 in the driveway....Perfect.

Mounts right in. Clamped it to the door and its rock solid. Its a left hand draw, I couldn't set up for a cross draw because the steering wheel is there. but regardless, it looks great and functions great.

Name:	photo 3-14.jpg 
Size:	93.5 KB 
ID:	1299

Name:	photo 4-13.jpg 
Size:	94.0 KB 
ID:	1300

Name:	photo 2-18.jpg 
Size:	92.9 KB 
ID:	1301

That would go great in my Jeep. I have hard plastic pockets on the doors. I don't remember what year they changed over to nets. It's trying to figure out what to do with the stuff in the pockets when the doors are off is the problem. Luckily I don't keep much in them.

Center Mount

here is the center mount rifle holder that goes in the back seat. It's a really well cut piece at the bottom, it attaches to to the seat bolts and has specific cuts in the bottom saddle piece that allow the cup holder to still function. Then it stays tight to the center console and bolts into the ceiling. Rock solid once installed.

Powdercoat is nice and thick. The parts that hold the rifles really do hold them. I was a little skeptical about it thinking that if your wheeling, and the cabin is bouncing all around, you want the rifles or shotguns secure.

Here are some shots. I have a pair of Remington 870s in the holder, it will hold the short barrell 18 inch, and I think my long barrel is 28 inches, held that too.

Name:	Gunnerfab Center Rifle Mount.jpg 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	1307

Name:	Gunnerfabe Rifle Mount 3.jpg 
Size:	90.3 KB 
ID:	1308

Name:	Gunnerfab Center Rifle Mount 2.jpg