I'm curious to see how folks are managing their third brake lights when mounting up huge tires on the backs of their rides. I know a lot of companies, like LOD, offer extension kits for the stock light to be mounted up much higher. There are also more elegant solutions, and I've even seen where lights fit inside the two unused lug nuts. Well, here is my solution for Jesse's Girl. Do feel free to share yours.

Since I built and replaced the rear bumper with the LOD unit (still love it), I've never fully finished the third brake light. LOD offers a nice adapter to use the stock light above the 37" tire. BUt I had this extra center cap and thought I'd integrate a led trailer light into the factor wire that ran to the third brake light. Not a new idea, just not yet done by me with my rather odd aluminum caps. Just had to do a bit of machine work.

Stock cap powder'd:

Now I'm rolling legal and I have a cool, bright third brake light. It pops out and disconnects with two connectors if I have to change the spare. I 'm sure folks were thinking that already. Plus the whole shebang didn't cost me less than $10.