Quote Originally Posted by WhiteRavenRR View Post
Removed the OEM Tire Carrier and relocated the license plate to the center. I used a black sheet of plastic and used the factory carrier as a template. I used my wiring from my LED and relocated the light to light the tag up at night. I then used a scrap piece of plastic to cover the original license hole.

I then used door trim molding around the center piece to clean it up even more. My light is on a switch for now.

This is just a temporary mod until I purchase an aftermarket tire carrier. I was hearing a loud rattle from the area of the tailgate/ tire carrier but I couldn't pinpoint where it was coming from. To be on the safe side I decided to just remove it for now. My center tailgate vent has pretty much deteriorated and the flaps were missing. I will also make an upside down U-shaped seal that is open on the bottom to still allow the vent to function as intended and still keep out the rain.

I can throw the spare in the back as soon as I find some way to bolt it down. The good thing is that I can use my rear cargo cover and it hides the spare from view. Good thing the tires are Duratracs. I don't think a true 35 would actually fit while laying down.

I also used Nite Shadez to blackout the rear tail light lenses.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	01651f2c813db038e4fe2d1d999283ceb0d9bf94b8.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	92.5 KB 
ID:	1352

On a side note, if you look closely at the pic and view just below the tailgate on the right side (straight below the right tire bumper) you can see a discolored spot on the paint. This appears to be from the factory exhaust that has caused this over time. My Jeep is an 2007. Has anyone else noticed this on your Jeeps? I will probably be going with a Magnaflow Cat-Back system with a rear axle dump in the future. Luckily This spot will not be seen so easily with a new rear bumper.
well done. I suggest JCR dagger for the new rear bumper. Let us know what you end up with.