Quote Originally Posted by Yoinkers View Post
oil change. tire rotation. Went with the 5 tire change. I dont think ill be keeping the duratracs after this round of tires.
Good for you! I can't believe the number of people that purchase 5 tires and choose not to rotate in the 5th. Man, your tires would last 20% longer if you did, and the real kicker... how many times have you blown a tire, put the spare on and then brought your blown tire in to be patched only to find the puncture was in the sidewall and can't be repaired. THEN, the wonderful news "you know, you can't drive with one brand new tire on one side of the vehicle only, you have to purchase a new spare and ANOTHER new tire to put on the other side so your tires rotate at the same speed." And then you end up purchasing two new tires. That's a total of 7 tires versus 6, and you lost out on an extra 20% tread life. Dumb, dumb, dumb. To all you Jeepers out there, for the love of everything good in this world, rotate in your spare. Unfortunately for me, the previous owner didn't rotate in the spare and now I'm too far down the road of tire wear to rotate it in because the overall diameter of the tire is too big compared to the other four.