Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bo9roadking View Post
    Not sure if that is a negative or positive comment.

I have a1.75" DOM tube welded to 2.25" clamps that are bolted to the factory roll bar. The tire is tied to the bar with the 'Y' ratchet strap. There is about a quarter inch space between the tire and the back of the seat when it is ratcheted down.
    Do a lap around that jeep and show us some pics!

I posted a couple of pics of my Magnuson install here: http://jeeplab.com/showthread.php?18...ull=1#post3279

I have other pics, but none with the recent changes made to my jeep. I'm going wheeling this weekend, so I may get some more up to date pics.

I changed my factory Alpine soundbar speakers to Infinity Kappa 6.5 inch two way speakers. Tomorrow I'm going to change the dash setup to Infinity Kappa 6.5 inch component speakers. Then on to the subwoofer. I'll post pics soon.

oil change. tire rotation. Went with the 5 tire change. I dont think ill be keeping the duratracs after this round of tires.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoinkers View Post
    oil change. tire rotation. Went with the 5 tire change. I dont think ill be keeping the duratracs after this round of tires.
    Good for you! I can't believe the number of people that purchase 5 tires and choose not to rotate in the 5th. Man, your tires would last 20% longer if you did, and the real kicker... how many times have you blown a tire, put the spare on and then brought your blown tire in to be patched only to find the puncture was in the sidewall and can't be repaired. THEN, the wonderful news "you know, you can't drive with one brand new tire on one side of the vehicle only, you have to purchase a new spare and ANOTHER new tire to put on the other side so your tires rotate at the same speed." And then you end up purchasing two new tires. That's a total of 7 tires versus 6, and you lost out on an extra 20% tread life. Dumb, dumb, dumb. To all you Jeepers out there, for the love of everything good in this world, rotate in your spare. Unfortunately for me, the previous owner didn't rotate in the spare and now I'm too far down the road of tire wear to rotate it in because the overall diameter of the tire is too big compared to the other four.
    2014 Jeep JKU Sahara, Manual - /OlllllllO\ - 4" Metal Cloak lift, 37" Toyo Open Country's on 20" XD Bully Rims, 4.56 Yukon gears, Mopar High Top Fenders, ARB Front Bull Bar Bumper, ARB Rear Bumper, Teraflex HD Tire Carrier, Teraflex Tire Carrier Accessory Mount, Twin Rotopax mount, Hi-Lift Jack mounted on front bumper, Reverse LED work lights, Warn 9.5ti winch, Synergy Drag Link, Trackbar Relocation Bracket, AMP Power Steps, JK1001 Radio, SpiderShade.

Removed the OEM Tire Carrier and relocated the license plate to the center. I used a black sheet of plastic and used the factory carrier as a template. I used my wiring from my LED and relocated the light to light the tag up at night. I then used a scrap piece of plastic to cover the original license hole.

I then used door trim molding around the center piece to clean it up even more. My light is on a switch for now.

This is just a temporary mod until I purchase an aftermarket tire carrier. I was hearing a loud rattle from the area of the tailgate/ tire carrier but I couldn't pinpoint where it was coming from. To be on the safe side I decided to just remove it for now. My center tailgate vent has pretty much deteriorated and the flaps were missing. I will also make an upside down U-shaped seal that is open on the bottom to still allow the vent to function as intended and still keep out the rain.

I can throw the spare in the back as soon as I find some way to bolt it down. The good thing is that I can use my rear cargo cover and it hides the spare from view. Good thing the tires are Duratracs. I don't think a true 35 would actually fit while laying down.

I also used Nite Shadez to blackout the rear tail light lenses.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	01651f2c813db038e4fe2d1d999283ceb0d9bf94b8.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	92.5 KB 
ID:	1352

On a side note, if you look closely at the pic and view just below the tailgate on the right side (straight below the right tire bumper) you can see a discolored spot on the paint. This appears to be from the factory exhaust that has caused this over time. My Jeep is an 2007. Has anyone else noticed this on your Jeeps? I will probably be going with a Magnaflow Cat-Back system with a rear axle dump in the future. Luckily This spot will not be seen so easily with a new rear bumper.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 010c17afac72a7d869b3876fe7b80b150b9f777189.jpg  
    Last edited by WhiteRavenRR; 10-25-2014 at 10:53 AM. Reason: Added Content

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteRavenRR View Post
    Removed the OEM Tire Carrier and relocated the license plate to the center. I used a black sheet of plastic and used the factory carrier as a template. I used my wiring from my LED and relocated the light to light the tag up at night. I then used a scrap piece of plastic to cover the original license hole.

I then used door trim molding around the center piece to clean it up even more. My light is on a switch for now.

This is just a temporary mod until I purchase an aftermarket tire carrier. I was hearing a loud rattle from the area of the tailgate/ tire carrier but I couldn't pinpoint where it was coming from. To be on the safe side I decided to just remove it for now. My center tailgate vent has pretty much deteriorated and the flaps were missing. I will also make an upside down U-shaped seal that is open on the bottom to still allow the vent to function as intended and still keep out the rain.

I can throw the spare in the back as soon as I find some way to bolt it down. The good thing is that I can use my rear cargo cover and it hides the spare from view. Good thing the tires are Duratracs. I don't think a true 35 would actually fit while laying down.

I also used Nite Shadez to blackout the rear tail light lenses.

Name:	01651f2c813db038e4fe2d1d999283ceb0d9bf94b8.jpg 
Size:	92.5 KB 
ID:	1352

On a side note, if you look closely at the pic and view just below the tailgate on the right side (straight below the right tire bumper) you can see a discolored spot on the paint. This appears to be from the factory exhaust that has caused this over time. My Jeep is an 2007. Has anyone else noticed this on your Jeeps? I will probably be going with a Magnaflow Cat-Back system with a rear axle dump in the future. Luckily This spot will not be seen so easily with a new rear bumper.
    well done. I suggest JCR dagger for the new rear bumper. Let us know what you end up with.

DECAL STRIP!

gettin ready for next year!

Name:	photo (10).jpg 
Size:	92.3 KB 
ID:	1353

JCR is the bumper I am looking at. I like the one that requires the rear crossmember to be cut off so it sits further under the tub. I also like the Poison Spyder BFH rear bumper but there is no receiver hitch. I'm seriously considering the EVO Tire Carrier.

Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    DECAL STRIP!

gettin ready for next year!

Name:	photo (10).jpg 
Size:	92.3 KB 
ID:	1353
    You just put those on a few months ago!

Send me some black JeepLab ones this way when you get the chance. Let me know what they cost.