You can find the thread on the Magnuson SC clean up by gbaumann, (thanks bud! great thread) The purpose is stopping oil vapor working its way back into the Supercharger through the breather tube.

Im going to follow suit and mount one on a RIPP SC and see if we catch some oil in it.

I talked to Vortech about this specific issue, and the guy I talked to, really did not take the issue seriously. He told me if there was oil working its way back into the Vortech supercharger, then I must have had an oil leak. Obviously, a person who either didnt want to confirm that this could happen, OR just someone how didn't know what I was talking about.

Whatever. Doesn't matter to me. Im going to investigate and correct as best I can.

I heard a rumor that RIPP is aware of the possibility of this issue and they have a plan to offer their own catch can option. If anyone would sniff this out it would be Ross from RIPP. (all unconfirmed)

What im about to do is independent of instruction from RIPP. I'm just following gbaumann as think the issue he presents is one that may be universal to Superchargers. And for the $150 that the billet technology catch can costs, its stupid not to use one to protect your power mod investment.

Now to figure out where to mount it.