Close

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by UselessPickles View Post
    Depends on your definition of "need".

I don't think any of the kits *need* a catch. The kits come tuned to account for the effective reduction in octane of the fuel due to oil vapors from the PCV system. Using catch cans removes oil from the air, which can allow for more aggressive tuning.

This is not unique to the Pentastar. All engines with PCV systems (essentially all modern engines) suck oil vapors from the crankcase into the intake. It's normal.
    X2 Pickles. Catch can is step one in dialing in the motor. I got an AME Failsafe A/F gauge and wideband O2 sensor. Installing in a couple of weeks. Then on the dyno for a couple of days to tune the motor. Not for aggressiveness. Tuning to smooth it out and put the power where I want it.

Quote Originally Posted by gbaumann View Post
    X2 Pickles. Catch can is step one in dialing in the motor. I got an AME Failsafe A/F gauge and wideband O2 sensor. Installing in a couple of weeks. Then on the dyno for a couple of days to tune the motor. Not for aggressiveness. Tuning to smooth it out and put the power where I want it.
    Where do you install the AME Failsafe gauge and do you replace the factory sensor at the cat with the new wideband O2 sensor? Looking forward to hearing how the install goes and how the tune works for your Magnuson. I'm still waiting on Magnuson for a new tune, but if you have success with the direction you are going, I'll definitely be interested in following in your footsteps.

Quote Originally Posted by bo9roadking View Post
    Where do you install the AME Failsafe gauge and do you replace the factory sensor at the cat with the new wideband O2 sensor? Looking forward to hearing how the install goes and how the tune works for your Magnuson. I'm still waiting on Magnuson for a new tune, but if you have success with the direction you are going, I'll definitely be interested in following in your footsteps.
    2k13jk is right. You install the wideband 02 sensor in the exhaust before the catalytic converter. For us Magnuson guys there is a plug on the back of the S/C that you remove and attach the boost gauge tube to.