Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gbaumann View Post
    X2 Pickles. Catch can is step one in dialing in the motor. I got an AME Failsafe A/F gauge and wideband O2 sensor. Installing in a couple of weeks. Then on the dyno for a couple of days to tune the motor. Not for aggressiveness. Tuning to smooth it out and put the power where I want it.
    Where do you install the AME Failsafe gauge and do you replace the factory sensor at the cat with the new wideband O2 sensor? Looking forward to hearing how the install goes and how the tune works for your Magnuson. I'm still waiting on Magnuson for a new tune, but if you have success with the direction you are going, I'll definitely be interested in following in your footsteps.

Billet Technology Catch Can on RIPP Supercharger

When installing a wide a/f 02 sensor you weld in a new bung into the exhaust for the gauge you keep the factory 02 sensors in place

Quote Originally Posted by bo9roadking View Post
    Where do you install the AME Failsafe gauge and do you replace the factory sensor at the cat with the new wideband O2 sensor? Looking forward to hearing how the install goes and how the tune works for your Magnuson. I'm still waiting on Magnuson for a new tune, but if you have success with the direction you are going, I'll definitely be interested in following in your footsteps.
    2k13jk is right. You install the wideband 02 sensor in the exhaust before the catalytic converter. For us Magnuson guys there is a plug on the back of the S/C that you remove and attach the boost gauge tube to.

Billet Technology Catch Can on RIPP Supercharger

On the 3.6 the only remote spot to put a wide band bung is were the 2 pipes meet into one by the transfer case which unfortunately is after both cats

I called billet technologies to order the catch can but I didn't know what diameter hoses, lengths and fittings are needed. Any insight on how and where it gets plumbed? Or maybe some pics of connection locations

Quote Originally Posted by Matsango View Post
    I called billet technologies to order the catch can but I didn't know what diameter hoses, lengths and fittings are needed. Any insight on how and where it gets plumbed? Or maybe some pics of connection locations
    If you're installing on a 3.6L Pentastar then the PCV port on the rear of the right side valve cover is 3/4". That's where the crankcase gasses exit the motor. The stock connector reduces the PCV line from 3/4" to 5/8" which is the size of the plastic lines running under the hood. Billet Technologies can fit their catch can with whatever size barbed connectors you need. If you mount the can in a remote location then I recommend hard (plastic or stainless steel) lines rather than rubber tubing. Long hoses that get hot under the hood can (will) collapse under suction which will throw the computer off. Oh, and the make-up air return line going into the rear of the left side valve cover is 5/8" (I'm pretty sure).

Reuse the stock rubber elbow connector and use a 5/8" barbed hose coupler to connect a 5/8" hose to it. A quality automotive hose should never collapse. The Prodigy turbo kit uses very sturdy cotton wrapped/reinforced rubber hoses made by Goodyear.

For a boosted system, it's most important to put a catch can on the make-up air side of the system (hose that runs from driver side of engine to air intake), because this is where you'll get oil vapors coming out of the engine and into the air intake, coating the compressor and intercooler, reducing effective octane of the fuel while at high engine loads and boost where you really don't want any knocking to occur.

On the PCV valve side of the system (hose that runs from passenger side of engine to intake manifold), oil vapors only flow into the intake manifold when there is vacuum in the manifold (lower engine load, part throttle, on a boosted engine). It is less critical to remove oil vapors under these conditions.

Of course, the ultimate setup is dual catch cans. One on each side of the PCV system.

can someone post pictures for thier catch can setup? i am not sure how to install the hoses on supercharged engine
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jeepjk16 View Post
    can someone post pictures for thier catch can setup? i am not sure how to install the hoses on supercharged engine
    thanks
    Search my (doc5339) and gbaumann's posts. Sorry that I don't have pictures handy, but I know that both of us posted our setup pictures; gbaumann had a much cleaner setup. They are probably on a Magnuson Supercharger thread on JeepLab.

Quote Originally Posted by doc5339 View Post
    Search my (doc5339) and gbaumann's posts. Sorry that I don't have pictures handy, but I know that both of us posted our setup pictures; gbaumann had a much cleaner setup. They are probably on a Magnuson Supercharger thread on JeepLab.
    OK, here's my Frankenstein-version, and it works well:

http://jeeplab.com/showthread.php?31...entastar/page2