Close

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I'm a little suspect of that dyno chart. There is no way a 2012+ stock Pentastar produces that much torque. According to that dyno, the factory torque at the wheel is 238 and the horse power is 194. Since Chrysler published 265 torque and 285 horse power numbers at the crank, I don't see how Sprintex's numbers add up. How does it only lose 27 torque, but loses 91 horsepower? Most dyno numbers that I've seen from Magnuson and RIPP are publishing stock torque numbers in the 175-185 range and horse power numbers between 175-200.

With that said, adjusting the Sprintex torque number downward so that it is similar to other stock dyno numbers that I've seen published, their final numbers after installing the supercharger are on par with Magnuson's numbers and close to RIPP's output. RIPP doesn't have the torque down low like Sprintex, but has higher overall numbers in the upper rpm band.

Quote Originally Posted by bo9roadking View Post
    I'm a little suspect of that dyno chart. There is no way a 2012+ stock Pentastar produces that much torque. According to that dyno, the factory torque at the wheel is 238 and the horse power is 194. Since Chrysler published 265 torque and 285 horse power numbers at the crank, I don't see how Sprintex's numbers add up. How does it only lose 27 torque, but loses 91 horsepower? Most dyno numbers that I've seen from Magnuson and RIPP are publishing stock torque numbers in the 175-185 range and horse power numbers between 175-200.

With that said, adjusting the Sprintex torque number downward so that it is similar to other stock dyno numbers that I've seen published, their final numbers after installing the supercharger are on par with Magnuson's numbers and close to RIPP's output. RIPP doesn't have the torque down low like Sprintex, but has higher overall numbers in the upper rpm band.
    I think the 0-60 may be too good to be true also. 4.9 is getting into real sports car territory. I'd like to see some info from someone other than sprintex.