Close

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Hello Jeep Lab folks! Here's the quick update to my tuning issue... Nothing productive, really. I contacted Gary by email last week and he didn't respond, so I called after a couple days. He answered and he told me his tuning guys were behind and asked me to send him my back-up tune, so maybe that will help them along.

Since I'm not typically one to sit idle, I started contingency planning. I contacted Robbie at Motech to discuss an LS Swap. He directed me to John at Overland Performance, an installer that's a little closer to me. We've gone back and forth a bit and he's working up a quote for me, so we'll see. Maybe I'll be following the lead of gbaumann and make my next corrective step a big one.

Engine swap after spending 6k is a very expensive solution.

If your going to do it, look into getting the new 6.2 corvette engine that they put into the new sierra denali 1500.

That thing is siiiiiiiiiiick.

This lack of responsiveness would make me lose it. Maybe I should shift my attention back to RIPP.

Quote Originally Posted by FieryRobot View Post
    This lack of responsiveness would make me lose it. Maybe I should shift my attention back to RIPP.
    really, i try to root against RIPP, because i like the lobe or screw style blower, but you really have to start respecting RIPP when these other guys stumble.

All the power in the world means nothing if it dosent work right.

Well, I sent another follow-up message to Gary at Sprintex today to check the status of tune. He expects to see something in the next couple days. I hope so, because I finally got a quote from the LS installer. He came in about $10k more than Motech's price, so while I may still consider the LS3 at some point, I don't think I'll have it done by this particular installer. I have no doubts that his work is quite good, but it's not good enough to justify that much more than Motech. As far as the new Gen V V-8s, Motech doesn't support them yet.

I will say Gary is quite friendly and he seems legitimately concerned about getting the tune straight. I'm looking forward to the new tune, especially after reading the recent post about the improvements to the Magnuson tune. It sounds like they're getting it figured out. Hopefully Sprintex won't be too far behind. And if Diablosport could crack the transmission...

Quick update... While the guys at Sprintex worked hard and sent several tunes to try to get it straight, I'm done. The cold weather operation was never quite right, but the worst part was the transmission. That's really an issue with the Diablosport tuner rather than the Sprintex SC. My Jeep is currently in the capable hands of Robbie at MoTech getting an LS3 and 6L80E. He's also replacing the driveshafts with heavy duty units. All the original equipment options, such as cruise control, remote start, stability control, traction control, and of course the dash, will work as usual. The only difference will be the smooth linear power of a 6.2L V8 and an efficient 6 speed automatic! If anyone has interest in how this goes, I can start a separate thread once I get the jeep back.

Quote Originally Posted by rgeorge33 View Post
    The only difference will be the smooth linear power of a 6.2L V8 and an efficient 6 speed automatic! If anyone has interest in how this goes, I can start a separate thread once I get the jeep back.
    yea that sounds boring. no one here has any interest in that. ARE YOU NUTS?

We want every detail.

I sense a 6.4 Hemi vs 6.2 LS comparison coming up... please?

Sprintex 3.6 pentastar install

Let's see the LS build! I want to see how the truck handles with the lower weight of the aluminum block. Hopefully better than the Hemi. After reading about the issues with the Prodigy and Sprintex calibration I'll be recycling my 3.6L after looking at the bottom end.

Quote Originally Posted by gbaumann View Post
    Let's see the LS build! I want to see how the truck handles with the lower weight of the aluminum block. Hopefully better than the Hemi. After reading about the issues with the Prodigy and Sprintex calibration I'll be recycling my 3.6L after looking at the bottom end.
    Whats the weight difference? and then we have to categorize the weight of each aftermarket product on each rig. Cherry Bomb is carrying those AEV bumpers. Whats the extra gear on the LS truck?