Close

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Icheer4beer View Post
    Glad it's working now. The next thing you realize is that your gas mileage sucks, but you don't care because of how much fun it is.
    OK, now this concerns me. How much worse is it? And is it worse for normal driving, or are you just being more aggressive because, like, you can now. :-)

Yes, you're milage will remain the same, or get worse depending on how you hit the pedal...and hit the pedal.....and hit the pedal....

So my first impression after driving a bit this weekend... It's worth every penny I paid.

1. Is it lightening fast? No.
    2. Is it as impressive as those youtube videos of the V8 jeeps? No.
    3. Does it get up to speed pretty quickly and maintain speed with ease -- even on hills? Absolutely.

It has the power that it should have had from the factory. It doesn't downshift when I see a hill or the occasional wind. Considering I was originally going to have Motech do a V8 swap next year for near $25K, I feel like this thing is awesome for the money. My first partial tank was terrible (10 mpg), but that tank was also used during all the diagnostic work which was very very rich. My next tank was 15.3 mpg, which is about 1-2 points worse than my stock numbers. If I cared about those 1-2 points that much, I would have spent the supercharger money on a Hyundai -- much like the beauty I rented last week.

As far as the tune: It is about 95% perfect. The shifting at full throttle sometimes hangs until it hits the rev limiter, but not every time. The rest of the time the shifting isn't bad. I don't think any supercharger manufacturer can do much about that until Diablosport, or someone else, figures out how to hack the WA580. As far as the engine management goes, I've only noticed a couple of occasions where I felt like it was surging or hesitating, but I can't recreate it consistently. I'll give details when I've figured out what the conditions are (I'll also send log data to Sprintex and try to get it addressed). really pretty happy so far. I've only put about 350 miles on it so far, so I owe you guys better information when I've had time to gather more observations.

I know you've seen Icheer4beer's video and the acceleration is obviously pretty good, but it's ability to drive down the road without grabbing a gear is just fantastic.

Just drove from DC to Atlanta. 16.5 mpg doing between 65-70. Any faster and the mileage goes way down. No problem passing or merging.

Also, I talked to Gary at sprintex and he said there is a new tune to get rid of the rough running cold problem. I will load that when I get back.

We need to get this sprintex up next to that turbo on the slick track.

I took advantage of some free time today and installed a catch can between the PCV and the Sprintex. I'm not sure if it's placebo, but the throttle response seems more smooth and linear. If it is more smooth, it's just a bonus. My intent was to keep oil from building up on the intercooler.

Quote Originally Posted by rgeorge33 View Post
    I took advantage of some free time today and installed a catch can between the PCV and the Sprintex. I'm not sure if it's placebo, but the throttle response seems more smooth and linear. If it is more smooth, it's just a bonus. My intent was to keep oil from building up on the intercooler.
    Its not placebo, i thought the same thing as soon as the can was installed even before I cleaned out the intercooler.

Did you get your catch can from billet technology?

Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    Its not placebo, i thought the same thing as soon as the can was installed even before I cleaned out the intercooler.

Did you get your catch can from billet technology?
    No, I had an Elite Engineering can that I pulled off our 2012 Grand Sport Corvette before we sold it. ( http://www.eliteengineeringusa.com/e...ing-catch-can/ ) I wasn't using it, and I saw a fair amount of oil in the old intake manifold when I pulled it to do the Sprintex install, so I figured I needed to put the can on sooner rather than later. I had to pick up some 1/2" barb fittings before I could install it, since it originally came with 3/8" fittings.

This is one of Ripp's latest videos. You will see and hear that the new kit comes with a catch can. I think it's cool that they put it in now.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LZ9VbOPe1I
    Mod, ORE Magnum 44 sleeves and welded C's, RCVshafts, 4.56 gears, Riddler diff covers, JEReel 1350 driveshafts, Evap relocation kit, AEV rear diff skid, JPI transfer case skid, ORE oil pan armor, Advanced Adapters shift cable, RK 3.5 lift with King 2.5 res shocks with adjusters, MB Black Razor 17-8.5 wheels with 37 MTRK's, poison Spyder brawler sliders, in powder coat, PSC front with a Warn Zeon Platinum and PSC BFH rear bumper.PSC Tire carrier. Oh yeah a Cobra75 to squak on.

any sprintex updates? mainly...is it worth the pricetag? If you could have your truck back as it was before, without all the work to turn it back AND you could have the money back......

would you do it?