Close

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Icheer4beer View Post
    Still loving the sprintex. No major problems. The only thing I don't like is changing the oil. It's very challenging to find a tube small enough to extract the old fluid.
    no surging, or hesitation? would you dare to say the tune is perfect?

I think it strange that I am the only person having a good experience with his sprintex.

I will say it not a perfect system. Main problems are it doesn't like to be cold. Solved that by letting it idle while I load the kids. That solved most of that issue. Gas mileage is bad. Of course, I do accelerate quickly and I live in Texas and pay $2.19 a gallon for premium. So I deal with the mpg because it's just fun to drive. The other problem was that I was getting an O2 sensor warning.

They sent me a new tune on Friday. Cold engine ops is good. Too soon to know about mpg and the O2 sensor warning went out. Throttle response is tight, however, I have had a couple of hesitations off the line. I just sent in the feedback this morning and I will let you know the response.

Overall, I would do it again with sprintex. Torque is great. I can easily spin the 35's if that's what I want to do. I don't because they are expensive and I am past those years. Passing on the road is not a concern. Shifting is smooth.

The only real complaint is its hard to read the dipstick and change the oil.

I can easily spin the 35's if that's what I want to do.
    Spinning big tires is a crazy thing. i was once at RIPP and Ross, (the brain over there) told me I wasnt driving BB to her potential. He had just seen my 0-60 video. So he took the keys and TORCHED my 37s. I couldn't believe how he lit them up. I was certain he was going to break something expensive, but i had to act cool in the passenger seat....hiding my terror.

So I deal with the mpg because it's just fun to drive.
    Ohh you mean this...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	71633f613d56638b4edcf420b412e783.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	79.0 KB 
ID:	1665
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 03de9b1c43f2cdaeea36e653b7a60b5c.jpg  
    2014 Jeep JKU Sahara, Manual - /OlllllllO\ - 4" Metal Cloak lift, 37" Toyo Open Country's on 20" XD Bully Rims, 4.56 Yukon gears, Mopar High Top Fenders, ARB Front Bull Bar Bumper, ARB Rear Bumper, Teraflex HD Tire Carrier, Teraflex Tire Carrier Accessory Mount, Twin Rotopax mount, Hi-Lift Jack mounted on front bumper, Reverse LED work lights, Warn 9.5ti winch, Synergy Drag Link, Trackbar Relocation Bracket, AMP Power Steps, JK1001 Radio, SpiderShade.

I have narrowed my choices down to the Sprintex or Prodigy Turbo kit. Where did you buy your Supercharger?

I think it strange that I am the only person having a good experience with his sprintex.

I will say it not a perfect system. Main problems are it doesn't like to be cold. Solved that by letting it idle while I load the kids. That solved most of that issue. Gas mileage is bad. Of course, I do accelerate quickly and I live in Texas and pay $2.19 a gallon for premium. So I deal with the mpg because it's just fun to drive. The other problem was that I was getting an O2 sensor warning.

They sent me a new tune on Friday. Cold engine ops is good. Too soon to know about mpg and the O2 sensor warning went out. Throttle response is tight, however, I have had a couple of hesitations off the line. I just sent in the feedback this morning and I will let you know the response.

Overall, I would do it again with sprintex. Torque is great. I can easily spin the 35's if that's what I want to do. I don't because they are expensive and I am past those years. Passing on the road is not a concern. Shifting is smooth.

The only real complaint is its hard to read the dipstick and change the oil.

I'll sell you mine quite a bit cheaper than you can buy a new one, if you're interested. It only has about 5k miles on it. MoTech removed it when they installed the LS3. Let me know if you're interested.

Randy

PM sent. I'm interested.